Would an airplane ride be a good date idea- if i'm the pilot??

So... I finally got my airplane pilot certification. Everybody I talk to say they're scared of flying. I asked one girl I met at a store and she said she'll never leave the ground.

Are there any girls who've had this experience- perhaps had a friend give them an airplane ride (just a tiny cessna). Was it fun? Did it make you sick? I was thinking about buzzing the city and stopping at a small airfield cafe for lunch. I want it to be casual and fun without scarying the heck out of anybody.

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds like an awesome date. I would personally love to go flying as a date. It's a great way to share something you love to do with her. But I'm the type of girl who isn't afraid of much and wouldn't let fear stop me. I've actually taken some flying lessons myself in a cessna thinking I would some day get my license. No, it did not make me sick :). You won't scare the heck out of her if she knows what she is getting into. Just make sure she knows it's safe and the flight is likely to be more bumpy than a commercial flight. The flying part is not the part to keep a secret until you are on the plane, the lunch maybe ;). Have fun and believe me, there are a lot of girls that would absolutely love to go flying with you.

• Thanks for the comment. There's a girl I know at work that expressed interest in going for a ride (that was before I got my license). So I'm gonna ask her :)

• Your welcome. Have fun and good luck! :)

What Girls Said 8

• I think it would be an amazing date...just not for the first date. If I don't know a guy, I'm not going to get into an airplane with him as the pilot. When you're grown comfortable with a girl though, I think it's a great idea.

• That's freaking awesome - best date ever. Not to mention hot.

• Cool! Thanks! Most pilots are old dudes anyway so I guess I have a tactical advantage : )

• As long as you don't do any flips and tricks...we're all good lol

• That would be the single best date I would ever want to go on. Period. Seriously, any girl who would turn that down is not worth you time ;)

• Lol. You'd be surprised. I've had quite a number of girls turn the idea down. They said it was way too dangerous. Then, I've had a lot say yes : )

• But what is life without a little danger? They have a higher chance of dying in a car accident than in a plane you know. Only 0.02% of all motor vehicle accidents in North America are aviation related, you can use those numbers for any of the more mathematically inclined ones you may pick up ;)

• that would be FUN! (=

• wooooooow yes yes yesssss

• Yeah that's different. I'm sure it would be fun, but maybe save that for like the fifth or sixth date, haha. her life is in your hands .

• Hahahaha. Never thought of it that way :)

Statistically flying an airplane is safer than driving your car (almost everything is). It's risky business and can be far less forgiving if things go wrong- but in the air you're free (well... sort of)

• When my cousin got her license she took me up for a ride. It was pretty cool actually. At the time I was 15 and she was 20. I think that would be a really fun date :)

What Guys Said 0