Is it wrong for a 20 year old to date a 17 year old?

I meet her at a conceret she is pretty much the female version of me. We text each other a few times and she brought up something about high school and when I questioned her about it she said she was 17 and a senoir in high school. So is it wrong for a 20 year old want to date a 17 year old?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely not wrong, but if you do date her, it will be lot different than what you're probably used to. You'll have to deal with her parents, curfews, possibly a long distance, different amounts of freedom (as in, you'll probably have more than her), and other things that come with a mixed high school/college (if you're in college) relationship.

Plus, she might feel a little insecure about being younger than you - like, "How can I measure up to a college girl?" I know that how I felt because the guy I liked is a sophomore in college and I'm a senior in high school. You will probably also have different expectations when it comes to sex.

You could make this relationship work, but both of you would have to work harder at it than you would if you were the same age.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. I am 18 and I am dating a 23 year old, a 24 year old, and a 26 year old. It is all about maturity levels.

• your dating 3 guys?

• circular dating. I haven't chosen one to be in a relationship with.

• Theres nothing wrong on it :))

• No. I was with a 20 year old when I was 16. It was awesome for all parties involved. Lol.

What Guys Said 4

• Nah. My mom was 19 and my dad was 27 when they got married. Been together now for 37 years.

• My dad was 30 and my mom was 22 when they met. You might have to get the parents permission first to date her. Most parents won't let their daughters date an older guy.

• No, and it's stupid for anyone to think it is wrong.

• Nah I don't see a problem with it, I'm 4 years older than my girlfriend. I'm 24 now, but we met when I was 22 and she was 18. If you are really worried, then maybe wait till she graduates or something? but that just seems like another arbitrary point in time. Just roll with it and see if either of you feel THAT uncomfortable that you want to call it off...