He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him sometime soon, and then he never followed through. Now what do I do?

I think this guy assumes that he can not talk to me for awhile and then he can come back and everything will be fine. He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him sometime soon and then he never followed through with plans until two weeks later when I eventually asked him why we hadn't gotten together.We ended up going to see a movie a week ago and I haven't heard from him since. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that he's using me and not really interested in me. I've had enough. He'll eventually text me, I'm sure of it, he always does. What's the best way to handle it when he does? Should I just ignore his message or should I say something? What exactly should I tell him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore him. Someone like this will never listen to your concerns or feel it necessary to change. They usually make up a bunch of excuses or make it sound like you are being bitchy and demanding. They can make you feel like you are somehow the crazy one who just doesn't understand.

I dated a guy who would do this, but worse, he would act really interested but then only see me when it was convenient. When I brought it to his attention, he made up excuses and feigned a high level of interest. His actions never matched his words. I finally got real angry with him and let him have it and then ignored him. A year later he actually had the foolishness to send me several texts and ask if I wanted to talk. I was going to respond to let him know I am now engaged, but I thought better of it. There was no point to talk to him. He sent about 3 texts and then stopped.

• exactly! that's almost exactly what he does. When we talk its almost always about him. He keeps suggesting we hang out but never follows through with plans, so I end up having to push him into setting something up. I'm not clingy, demanding or smothering and I feel like that's the kind of girl he's turning me into. I'm just tired of the whole situation.I'vecome to realization that if he was really interested it wouldn't be like this.

• Yes, when you have a relationship that actually works and works well, it can remind you what that looks like and it never looks like one or the other person chasing an individual who acts like this. In a healthy, promising budding romance, two people are running towards each other, not one running away with the other constantly chasing. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Just forget about him.

• I feel you. I've dated numerous girls just like this. I've actually been called a "creeper" (which I'm not at all) just because I went out of my way to try to hang out. Don't do this. You'll feel stupid and even question your sanity. I don't consider myself "needy" but if I don't see my girl in over a week, something is usually up. Schedules conflict yes, but not to the point where weeks pass without doing anything together.

What Girls Said 2

• I am currently experiencing this with my boyfriend. His friends have told me "that's just him...that's how he does things" so your guy is like mine in that way...Now it is extremely frustrating and though I feel like giving up sometimes...I just start to think about it and think I don't just want to dismiss it and give up on up right away. Sure he has his weird reasons that may not seem probable, but I am not the type personally that gives up right away. And as I said before, it is absolutely frustrating, because you don't know what to think when you don't hear from him and all of a sudden he texts or calls and is all cheery..It makes ya think..have you received my last text? And why are you so happy, though it was you who were in the wrong?

• How is he using you? Do you have sex with him?