Why does my husband feel the need to flirt?

I am married to a really hot guy, he is the perfect husband and I am not worried in anyway about him cheating on me but he has this undelying urge/need to flirt with women of any age. Its harmless I know but I'm just curious what he gets from it. Its like he likes to make all women feel good. It has gotten him into sticky situations on several occasions and this comes as a supprise to him! Women adore him and I am fine with that but what if one day it gets out of control? (Once while I was away, he went out with some friends and one of our friends hit on him big time, he told me all about it in detail and I wanted to kill her!) He says he is unaware that he is doing it and that he will try to curb it. I think if I can understand this need he feels to flirt, maybe I can help him to become aware of it and in time he will stop. Any advice guys?

I didn't know he was a flirt, had I known, yes, I would have still married him. I want him to stop flirting yet continue to treat people like they count, there is a fine line there. I feel that these women think think they have a chance and it hurts me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a flirty guy, and I do it because it feels good, and makes others feel good. My guess is that he does it for the same reasons.

I'm curious: were you aware that he was flirty when you were dating? If you were, and if flirting was a dealbreaker for you, what caused you to marry him anyway?

In any event, given that he's a flirt and has always been, and probably enjoys it, it's unlikely that he'll stop. It might be easier on everyone if you summoned the grace to look the other way, especially if he's as trustworthy as you say he is.

What Guys Said 3

• It's just his way of being friendly. He doesn't understand the message he's sending and that's why it has surprised him. He is just trying to be nice and social, but some of the ladies are understanding it a bit differently. Like you said, he is committed to you and you shouldn't worry. Of course he showed that by marrying you, but you should be reaffirmed because of his stance on it all. He told you that a lady was hitting on him and that should make you trust him and know that he won't go anywhere else. He knows personally that what he is doing is getting unwanted results and should have no problem quitting because of his committment. Again, he doesn't know why he's getting bad outcomes but I'm sure he knows now. Hope I helped.

• it's innocent

• flirting is fun

What Girls Said 1

• U cannot teach an old dog new tricks. If it was a habit from day one- chances are it will not stop. The good news is that you are very secure in yourself- in which case this shouldn't matter anyway. Now- what you should not be angry about- is the girl in the situation. If he provokes it- it is only natural for a girl to respond; especially if he is as hot as you say he is. What should stop the situation from getting too crazy is him! He should control the situation and always explain he is married happily before things progress. If he doesn't- I would not be so secure with his decision making. Do you think he will stop the flirting back every time? What if the girl is really attractive?

The ball is in his court. The true question- is do you really trust him?