Why did my ex-boyfriend text me?

We broke up last week after 2.5 years. I got too needy and he got annoyed. (Now I realize) I haven't called him nor has he called me. It was a bad falling out. I've been holding my ground.So all of a sudden tonite-saturday night he texes me saying one last thing.not to act rude when I see his family because our break-up had nothing to do with them. I did see his brother yesterday while working so I waved to him. And all of a sudden this text- I replied an hour later stating that I was better than that, I waved to your brother. I don't need to explain, miss you but goodbye. I don't get it? Why text me at all?

The update; he replied an hour later saying; if you missed me you wouldn't say goodbye. I didn't respond. Very hard not to but I didn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• He misses you, he is so used to you being around (If you were needy then you were obviously a huge part in his everyday life). He misses your conversation, and your company. IF you want to get back together, stay away - he may try to contact you again for another reason. If he does, answer is very direct sentences ONLY what he asks, no more, no less. There is probably a void in his life now that you used to fill. He may fill it with someone else but then again, it may be your place and yours alone. The "miss you" bit at the end of that last text message. - bad choice of words. He knows you miss him, no need to say it. Let him see you out and about, smiling having fun. BE COOL!

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he's just tying up some loose ends and getting on with the break-up. He didn't call, it was just a text to pass on a message.

What Girls Said 1

• good let it go.my Ex is ignoring me now.we just broke up a week ago and he seeing somebody else.i just can't get it out my head but I gotta let em go and just appreciate what we had.stop thinking too much it will just drive you mad.but yes go learn to love yourself and let him go.who cares if he texts you.go find things to do with yourself instead of revolving your life round him.