How can I get over him?

We never completely dated. But we were in love. Things were complicated and will just never work out. What can I do to get over him? I think about him ALL the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear god. I was reading this and I was like, Is this me? Did I write this accidently in my sleep? Haha I had exactly the same sitch and its a year later and I still have feelings for him, but I only think of him when I'm alone for hours with nothing else to think of. I miss him a lot less,and things have got so much better. Yes, time will help, but keeping busy is the best thing to do for the first few months. Hang out with friends, get a hobby? Just keep yourself occupied and try to think of anything else. But the thing that helps the most is meeting new guys. Get out there girl! Haha flirt with a lot of guys, maybe get some new clothes and makeup and try to fill your beauty potential! Aka look as good as possible. You may be perfect already, idk, but taking care if yourself will help you. Anyways flirt madly, ask for some numbers, and although this is probably bad advice, even a hookup helps. People say sex with someone you don't love won't help, but I hooked up with a friend and while it has added unnecessary drama and compilcations, it DID get my mind off my ex love. Haha I'm not reccomending this, I'm just saying it DOES help. Go on some dates, go to parties, just remember to guard your heart but still have fun. It may take you a while to warm up to new guys, but give it time because you could grow to really like them

What Guys Said 1

• time. outta site outta mind.

What Girls Said 4

• Only time or another love will work. Don't try to fall in love though or get a rebound guy. Let it happen on its own. Just try to stay away from him and do things that you enjoy. Keep yourself busy. Get a new hobby like learning to play some instrument or something.

• I am so sorry I can relate... I agree with the other two that it takes time. Can't really tell you what else since I still feel that way. :(

• Don't get frustrated.. it takes time... it took me 2 years. Just stay strong :) && Good luck!

• only time will help