How can I get guys my own age to date me if I'm too mature for them?

whenever I try to go out with guys my age (18-24) they say I'm too mature for them. I'm not even sure what that means, but that's what they always tell me.

but guys in their 40s seem to be really attracted to me because I'm "on their level". but it seems weird for a girl as young as me to be dating guys in their 40s.

how can I get guys my own age?

Most Helpful Guy

• uh I dunno, maybe you just seem like an old person for some reason.

• what does that mean? I'm a normal college girl. I play beer pong, I dress in abercrombie and fitch...what about that reminds you of an old person?

• if that stuff is what you use to define yourself then calling you mature is a nice way of calling you boring.

What Guys Said 1

• what are your dates like? what do you think you're like? elaborate more on the older guys liking you and give some details of why the younger guys think you're too mature.

• i never go on dates with guys my own age because they tell me they want more of a "party girl". older guys approach me and tell me I'm pretty and ask if I'd like to grab coffee with them. when I say yes we talk about literature, politics, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• There are mature guys your age. They don't play beer pong though. Try volunteering or politically affiliated groups on campus.

• you are probably looking in the wrong place... instead of clubs and bars, try libraries and museums... there might not be that many guys your age in those types of places but I think that the ones that are could be your type?