Dating an older man?

Hey everyone! I'm 22, and I recently just met a man who is 26 turning 27... He has a full time job working at a major bank in NYC and basically has his life all together. I'm confused on why he is so interested in me? He calls me on a regular basis, and we try to see each other weekly, due to my work & school schedule and his work and school schedule. I'm a nurse and I have been for 3 years, but I don't live alone yet and I'm still going to school. Do older men tend to look for a little youth in women? And at 27 what is someone looking for? I don't want to get my self caught up in another "hook up"! Please Help!

Most Helpful Girl

• i was 18 and mt parner was 10 years older yes that a lot and I would nt have looked at someone of that age twice and even now I still would not I'm single now but we liked ieachother a lot and then started to date I dnt regret it but also would not encourage some else to go with someone of such a age cap but you find love sometimes with someone you would not usaly go for and if that person makes you feel happy and treats you right and you also like them then just go for it I did and it lasted over five years

What Guys Said 2

• He's not that much older. It sounds just like he's interested in you.

• 27? Hahahahha, now I feel like an old geezer.

What is he looking for? A relationship with you, that's what. He sounds like a decent guy, give him a chance.

• yeh but I'm 22... he knows I live @ home with my parents and stuff... we've been on multiple dates and he always wants to see me more but our schedules stink right now... I don't wana rush things with him but at the same time I don't wana take it so slow that he's gonna think what is this girl doing! lol... are you sure someone 27 is looking for a relationship?

• Look, it sounds to me like you've met a guy who is 1) decent 2) normal and 3) interested in you. You can either second-guess it in which case you'll run him off or you can go with it. Choice is yours.

• I was 28 and an 18 year old kept asking me out. Four years later we married. A little reverse of what you are asking but it worked. Did it work because she initiated the relationship? Maybe. I am not sure you are committed to this person. Do him a favor if you are not committed to the relationship and leave it.

What Girls Said 2

• You have defintiley got a good man right here,you have nothing you should be worried or freaked out about,this guy is doing right by you right? then there's really no need in asking this question,you have an amazing relationship on your hands. Keep it up,I hear wedding bells ha ha jkjk ;)

• I really don't think that's much of an age gap. I actually like the idea of dating a more mature man who's a few years older. Plus the fact that he has a great career is a great sign. Maybe he sees that you're mature, so he sees you as someone his age. I would definitely give him a chance.