Are white women threatened by black women dating white men?

I have talked to a white girl who felt really self-conscience about her boyfriend having had a black ex-gf. Why is that? Do other white women feel the same way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of self-conscious about the guy I'm seeing's ex, but it's not just because she's black. Before we started dating, he told me that he preferred black and latina girls and just wasn't interested in white girls. It's not something I think about all the time, but when I do, I don't get what made me different for him.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think so, I mean if they are choosing to date someone than they want to date them. You don't go into a new relationship thinking about your old one

• I'm going to be honest, the vast majority are even if they say they aren't. I know a lot of women who are very, very protective of 'their' white men; I've spoken to a lot of them about whether or not they'd date/sleep with a black guy since I really have no preference and they all said no to both, one even saying that black dicks look gross.

I've told a lot of women about me liking black women and have seen looks from white women when I've been with a black woman, and they're always negative/backhanded. This of course is from women who know me/would be interested in me if they knew me and not the entire population of people who don't even notice I exist on the street.

• I haven't run into this situation with any of my GFs because I don't date black women. None of my friends have mentioned this either, so not really sure.

• She should not feel threatened. A black woman to a white man is what a farm animal is to a hillbilly.

What Girls Said 7

• LOL to be perfectly honest with you, I don`t feel threatened by any race. I thrive on competition. I can care less if my white boyfriend went out with a black woman, it wouldn`t faze or bother me. I don`t feel inferior nor superior to other races. I have nothing to be self-conscious about. The white woman you met must have had self-esteem issues.

• nope. doesn't bother me one bit. my best friend for 11 years and counting is black and she gets all kinds of men. my half sister, who is puerto rican/black + white, on the other hand decided to stay a virgin until she got married. race doesn't have anything to do with attraction, consciously anyway.

That's just as silly as saying black women get threatened when black guys flirt or date with me. I'm Asian + white, btw.

• I think there's a mix. I'm a black girl with a diverse background. My community is a mix of white, black, and Latino, all from different social classes. But as black women are known to keep it real (honest), I will too. Black women are known to be really good in bed, just like black men. This is the only stereotype I can think of that can make a white girl self conscious. All other stereotypes are negative.

• that makes sense. I am a black girl and I just can't understand y the girl would be so upset. she thought that he would go get another black women

• yeah it doesn't matter at all. I'm a black girl and I love white men (thats my preference). but the guys I've gone out with, like I never had their ex's confront me or get self conscious. race shouldn't matter at all.

• My boyfriend use to date a black girl and I'm white..he wants me to meet her since they are still friends..and I do feel a bit odd about the whole situation. I don't know why...maybe she doesn't feel like she's good enough...self-esteem issues

• why does that make you feel odd though? does it have anything to do with the she might be better at sex?

• Well him telling you that isn't exactly a self esteem boost.But he's with you for a reason and I think race is irrelevant

• it just sounds to me like morngunt sounds odd about meeting ex gfs. I don't think their race has anything to do with it.

• Not at all. This is a free country... people need to date who they like without ridicule.

• Some of them do. One of my best friends who is white told me about being insecure about her white man's black ex

• why was she insecure about the black ex?

• because she's really pale and skinny so she felt self concious about not being able to get darker skin so she was worried he wouldn't be as attracted to her skin tone. She's straight up and down and doesn't have curves, so girls with big butts and breasts make her feel insecure, including some black girl's body types

• It happens. Many women of all races feel threatened when a woman of another race is dating her male counterpart. They just don't like it, it's like you're moving in on her territory. To be honest I wouldn't date a guy who dated a lot of white girls, 1 or 2 is OK but I prefer a guy who mainly dates his race. Guys are like this too, they don't like when other races date their women either.