Playing mind games - how do you do it?

Normally I don't believe in playing mind games, but the guy I have feelings for has QUITE the ego. Not to say he's a bad guy or anything, he's just convinced he can charm any girl he wants and has girls all over him. In every other aspect he's just a normal guy, kinda nerdy, sweet, funny...etc.

I'm not trying to get him to fall for me or anything, I just want to confuse him a little. (I doubt he has feelings for me, but I'm pretty sure he's suspecting that I am interested in him) So, how do I mess with this guy's ego a little, to kind of "prove him wrong".

Flirting with other guys put me in an awkwardly sticky situation, too...

Most Helpful Guy

• Show him no interest. By posting this you show you have already played into his ego. Just from the simple fact that you have feelings for him makes it impossible to "prove him wrong." The only way to dowse his ego is to not be interested in him. If that is what you want to do then you can never be romantically involved with him. You can easily play the avoidance game where you only respond to his text every once in a while, give short simple answers to any questions he asks if you answer them at all. Push him aside for less important matters. There are many more options. However if this does work then he will see you as the one he hasn't got yet and he will start putting all his effort into proving that he can get any woman. It will drive him crazy that he can't get you. However, If you do become romantically involved with him the his ego will multiply. The only way to get him is to find a girl that is legitimately not interested and have her flaunt herself around him and tease him.

I don't like the Idea of tormenting, teasing and playing games with people. However I like guys with big ego's even less. So If you can work out what I describe then go for it.

Good Luck and Happy taunting.

What Guys Said 6

• Okay, if you're not actually interested in him, why bother with mind games? Honestly? Find someone you like.

If you are interested, why would you even want to play mind games?

It's not sexy, or fun. All you're doing is increasing the chances of messing up your relationship.

Honestly, this is the LEAST attractive aspect of teenage girl flirting behaviour. (yes I know, some guys do it too) But ask any guy what the nicest aspect of dating a girl in her 20's is, and they'll tell you it that the girl has stopped playing immature mind games.

The fact that you don't know how to yet, is GREAT! Keep that up, and you'll have much better relationships. I'm sorry, that's probably not the advice you were looking for... :)

• So what it wasn't the answer I was looking for? It was still good advice, and yeah I'm interested in the guy, but the ego upsets me. However, everyone has made a blatantly obvious point I missed--if I played mind games, I would just feed his ego. That I will not do. :)

• I kinda thought you might from your description of him... :) In my experience guys with super-egos are normally covering up some major insecurity. Maybe he's deep down worried that he's not fit or sporty enough. Perhaps he thinks he's really not as smart as his friends.

You might drop the hint next time your together by saying "Did you see (insert name of real egomaniac) the other day? He's on such an ego-trip! That's such a turn-off..."

Good luck with your Fonzie (ancient TV ref)

• The worst blow you can give to his ego is to ignore him & NOT play mind games. I know you keep getting this advice & it's not what you asked for, but honestly if he's that stuck up, your playing mind games will make him think he was 100% right, & that he's SOOO special, you just couldn't RESIST playing games back. It really IS a good thing that you don't know how. It's a sign of maturity, & guys who are truly interested are gonna want you even more because of it...

• f*** mind games, I don't know a single guy or person who likes them...it'll bite you in teh ass in the end...FAIL FAIL FAIL

• You're under 18, your chances of effectively playing mind games on anyone are slim to none. If you want to learn to play mind games well learn how to do magic (as in illusions NOT witchcraft)

• you gotta get inside their heads and mind f***em, mind f*** the sh*t out ofem, I'm mind f***in you rught now and there ain't nothin you can do bout it

• You say he's "the guy I have feelings for "

So how is he wrong? How can you prove him wrong? By NOT having feelings for him?

You are only fooling yourself.

You'd rather that he think you're not interested in him, even though you are. For what? Is deflating his ego more important than acknowledging you like him?

Can you step outside yourself for a second, and see how UTTERLY INSANE this looks to a guy? It's this type of sh*t that has guys frustrated as hell. Women are not rational creatures. We never should have given you the vote. F***ing hell...

What Girls Said 1

• I know this question is really old but I felt like answering anyways :) I don't play mind games when I'm getting to know someone but I know a good psych trick to get the upper hand. Cognitive dissonance. The most recent time I used this was when my ex broke up with me over text message, saying he never liked means more than a friend anyways. This made me really mad so I decided to get him back but in an even better way than he expected. He expected me to be mean or avoid him but the next day I saw him I just walked up with a smile and said hi in passing. He looked like he was going to faint. I had him in a crazy mental state for weeks. He was super nervous around me so he started avoiding me.I was just friendly every time I ran into him. Once he had to take the last seat in the computer lab and it was next to me. He was super nervous so I countered him by being completely relaxed and calm. His eyes kept darting towards me and he acted as though I had a shock collar on him. Talk about having someone wrapped around your finger. He finally got out of my trick after he apologized a few weeks later, the guilt of being a jerk was gone. It is great trick that doesn't fail because it is so simple. Do the opposite of what is expected and be opposite in behavior of the person who is your target. Hope this helps!