What does it mean when a guy texts you and then they don't reply back?

so this guy always like texts me but when I got reply he won't text back...I'm so confused?

help and explain why he could do this.

thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm as confused when girls do the same, but I've done this myself.

Either the guy:

- is too busy to reply (happens to all of us)

- forgot to reply (also happens)

- did it on purpose (don't want to sound needy and text girls TOO much)

If he ALWAYS does this then he might just be messing with you.

When I reply to a girl's text I usually wait a little bit to reply, but just recently I didn't reply to a girl's text because I wasn't sure how to reply and by the time I thought of something it was kinda of late so I didn't text her... :-/

What Guys Said 4

• Gee who knows. Could be a number of reasons. Maybe he didn't care enough to reply - it's happened with me before. A girl texting me up her bad night in which I reply "aww sorry to hear that" in which she keeps texting me more details. I just read it and don't bother replying, because it's not gonna make any difference.

If you're looking for a convo to develop over text, forget it. Mature guys out there don't talk over text. We talk in person.

• dont read too much into it. he could genuinely have been busy at the time and just forgot about it. try calling nest time. if he doesn't answer just leave a message (just once) about how you were bored or whatever and wanted to see what he was doin.

• What does he say? What do you say?

Does it even require a text back? If he asks you a simple Q, and you answer it, maybe he's just the type that ends it.

• Maybe his phone broke.

Or he left it.

Or sometimes us guys do this, so we leave girls feeling baffled.

What Girls Said 2

• To me sounds like he is bored and he's texting around to see who is fun to talk to. If he doesn't text back mean he probably talking to other people.

• He's probably busy or got caught up with something else.But I say if it happens a lot don't text him it's like showing him I'm not playing around.