Why do girls sometimes add extra letters at the end of words. is it flirting?

for example, she'd go "thanksss" it's not something she normally does. she did it after I wished her merry Christmas a few months ago. ( of course she didn't just write thanksss but it was part of the message) is it considered flirting? why the three s's?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really mean anything. She was probably just trying to be fun/cute. Sometimes I'll add extra letters to words if I'm feeling "bubbly."

Ex. "Happy Birthdayyy !" or "You're so meannn...!"

It can get annoying if it's used too much...

What Girls Said 3

• I do it to to give a text a more 'sing-song' or extended quality. Sort of like when I am happy about a gift someone gave me in person I draw out my thank you 'Oh my god! Thank you so much!' so I do it in text as well. I just extend vowels though since that's how it sounds in my head.

• i've never done that

• Its sheer stupidity.

• What if the word "sheer" was originally spelled "sher", and you're just being a teenage girl adding an extra letter? :)

• But I'm not a teenage woman.

What Guys Said 0