Im 25, in your opinion how what's to young for me?

general rule is half your age plus 7, so 18... but my brother says that's too young. legal age is 16 in canada.

19..lol

Most Helpful Girl

• mm.. well I'm dating a 27 year old lol.. and I'm 19.

it sounds bad I know, but no, I'm not a stupid girl, and I'm not an idealistic one who wouldn't be able to see if he was lying to get in my pants.. our relationship just works because of our personalities. personally I've always been with older guys just because they are a lot more mature than guys my age and theyre settled emotionally.

it all depends on how much you really care about being "socially acceptable". but if you're asking specifically for you, I would suggest someone who has had at least a year of college.

What Girls Said 10

• Well I think you should date in the range that you have in common with a person. For instance, it's hard for a college student to date a high school student just because their environment is different. So I would generally say for 25...that 20 might be the youngest!

• i would agree with that, someone who shares a common environment and activities.

• Depends on the girl. And some people are more comfortable with specific age groups.

I'd go with 19 as a safe bet. Maybe not 18, cause you can't legally drink with an 18 year old in Canada! Well, assuming you live in the areas where legal age is 19+.

• I've never heard this general rule of yours. Interesting...

What age is too young to date is different depending on your age. I know, I know, that sound wrong, like double talk, but it is true. When you are a teenager, it's the 1 year rule: only date someone your own age or 1 year older or 1 yr. younger. In your early 20s you should date those in your 20s. I agree with your brother, 18 is too young for you.

• Between 20-24. A couple of years older is fine but anything below 19 isn't cool.

• 16 is legal for teens who are 16 to have sex with people up to 17 , once your over 18 you cannot legally f*** anyone under 18 its rape :)

• Hmm... I think you could probably get away with 17, but you'd be pushing it

• anything under 21 is too young

• I'm the type to date around my age, so + or -1. I am married to a guy who is a few days younger than me but other than that we are both 25.

• Where did your general rule come from? I'm 20 and I'm dating a 26 year old. It works fine for us though his friends give him hell for it.19 doesn't sound unreasonable but you are probably better off with someone in their 20's maturity wise.

• i think I got it from my friends

• i think it depends on the girl's personality. but 18 or 19 its a little too young, maybe about 20-22 would be fine for you ;)

What Guys Said 1

• After a girl turns 18, she's an adult so it's completely up to her. Everyone can give you a range, but it all really comes down to what the girl wants and whether or not she is able to make that decision.

So 18 ~ INF would be your range.