I've never dated anyone. Is anyone else really bitter?

I know you've heard this story before, but I'm getting frustrated. I'm 22 years old and I've never dated anyone--never really even come close to dating anyone. It feels like it'll never happen. And now when I see people in relationships, I just get so angry and jealous.

Everyone always says stuff like, "You'll find someone! Focus on you!" But I've been focusing on me for 22 years. I think I've discovered just about everything there is to discover alone. How can I at least stop being bitter so that I can be happy for my friends in relationships?

Or if you don't have any advice, is anyone else in the same boat?

21

What Guys Said 1

• I just turned 23 two months ago and I've never dated either, still a virgin, still in the same boat, I hate how us guys always have to be the ones to initate

What Girls Said 2

• I was in your place about a year ago. What helped me was going out with friends (preferably single) and just living it up. you can flirt, gain confidence, and just become a happier person!

• thanks for the words of wisdom! :)

• I'm 28 and in the same place as you... it's tough! I see couples out and about, and it reminds me of what I don't have and then I get all angry and miserable. I am pretty social and hang out with friends, etc... but dating just never seemed to happen. But recently I've been working with my therapist to take small steps to put my self out there more, get into the dating scene, etc. For me, focusing on that has taken my mind of the bitterness aspect (though it still creeps up now and again).