How many of you have actually been on a real date?

I know its sad lol, but I've never been on a real date before. I've usually just hung out w guys as friends or a group and sometimes it went further. But I've never been asked out to dinner or done that whole dating thing. Is that strange? Or have others had the same experience.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same boat as you. I've never been out to dinner or anything cliche like that. I'm like super independent though and not into the whole dating thing as a whole. If there IS a girl I'm interested in it's probably through a friend of a friend and we hang out around other friends. Like I said I don't really act on it because I'm really independent and like my alone time which is pretty much the opposite of what women want in a relationship. So I've never been on a real date not because I couldn't it's more of a personal choice for the woman's sake not my own.

• I definitely see where you are coming from. As long as you are happy there's nothing wrong with that :)

• Thank you I mean that. Most of my friends think it's strange that I'm not into dating or relationships.

• You are not strange! You are doing what's comfortable for you :)

What Guys Said 8

• I've been on MANY dates, and to be honest... they suck.

I'll take a hangout session that may end in hook up any day to a formal dinner and movie. I mean it's fun the first time, but then you realize that you can't talk with food in your mouth, and you can't talk in a QUIET theatre. Everyones nervous enough with a crush, so what's the point of that when you don't actually get to learn anything about each other to make it worth while.

However, in my opinion, a GOOD date would be to the beach for a picnic. Now we're talkin.

• Lol id have to agree with you. A nice outdoor outing, or anyplace where you can get to kno each other would be much better. I can't stand that awkward feeling! So embarassing!

• Though a dinner date may be very traditional, it can be fun, exciting and sometimes romantic. Dressing up and going to a nice place witha good conversationalist can be an evening to remember.

You seem to be with a bunch of guys who aren't into that. So I think it's time for you to take a the next step and tell the one you're interested in that you want him to take you to dinner. Guys like that approach.

• I completely agree, I'm a romantic. But I don't even have any guy friends anymore because I moved to a new place so I don't know anyone :( its hard to meet people because it seems like everyone already has their circle of friends

• You're attractive enough. Whether you go to a gym, a club or just out for a long walk they'll find you.

• Thank you ! :) I appreciate that ... I hope so, even just as friends.

• One of these days I will get a date lol. I wouldn't call it strange that you haven't although I'm in the same boat as you. Best thing to do now I suppose is to just put areselvs out their and hopefully someone will come along...

• do you have the time?

lots of people don't date because they simply don't have the time. they think just being able to "hang out" is even easy enough considering how busy they are. reevaluate why you don't go out on dates. then you might be more likely to go out. flirt more with a guy you like, see what he does

• Very true! I agree, it all sounds good in theory. But it is hard to make the time!

• so like I said, just take it easy, relax have fun enjoy life. I hate how so many people are on here whining about being single. sheesh!

• Lol I'm not complaining, I loooovveeee being single! I was justcurious! But that's exactly what I do enjoy everything :)

• Nope I've never been on a real date. I haven't even been on a casual date before. Yeah I hung out one-on-one with girls before but they were never dates at all. Just casually hanging out as friends. Has you never being on a date stopped you from having a boyfriend before?

• No it hasn't stopped me. All the boyfriends I've had were. Friends first, which I suppose is good. :)

• What's your definition of letting things fall into place? I've hear lots of different versions lol.

• Well I like to go with the flow, I'm not looking to anyone I'm very happy and secure with myself. I feel if someone comes along then its meant to b, if not then o well I'm not going out of my way for it

• I don't see why its strange but I guess you just like to try it which is quite normal...but I guess its the guys you date, they are not the dinner dating kinda guys..

• Well you are right lol. Id like to try the cliche just once. Even though I think it'd be awkward and embarassing. It'd b fun to get all dressed up and hv doors opened for me, and hv awkward conversation lol.

• you are right! Carpe diem

• Nope, no dates.

• Never been on any kind of date. Never hung out with a girl one on one.

What Girls Said 1

• i've been on real dates before, some of which were great, some were horrible. but they all make great stories

• Lol I can imagine! Maybe that's why I'm secretly thankful I've never been through the horrible experience lol. What's the worst date you've been on?