How do I tell a girl that I don't like and that I want nothing to do with her without hurt her feelings?

OK so there's this girl who's my friends ex but has recently been trying to talk to me through fb and in person. Sending me messages say " I love you" and stuff like that. How do I tell her I want nothing to do with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, her feelings are going to get hurt regardless. Such is life. If it were me, I would want you to ask me to leave you alone because you want nothing to do with me. Maybe some brutal honesty will get her head out of the clouds. You'll be doing her a favor in the long run.

What Girls Said 4

• It's better to get your view on the situation out in the open. Tell her "Sorry, but I'm not interested," politely. How she takes it is her problem. It's not your fault, you can't MAKE yourself like her. She's the one being annoying. Just be honest so she doesn't get her hopes up.

• Tell her that it isn't because she's ugly or anything..it's just that she dated your friend...and you do not date your friends ex's...that should work ;-) good luck!

• I agree with all of the other answerers. You're going to have to be blunt but firm. Say, "I'm sorry, but I only think of you as my friend," or "I don't think of you that way." Being straight-up honest is better than avoiding the issue altogether. There's going to be an awkward period after you've said it but it's for the best.

• Block her Facebook lol...no but just tell her you have intrest in someone else. And in person say things like "you are a really good friend" and when she says all that ily sh*t just don't reply...or if you do reply set her straight...and either way her feelings would get hurt so just tell her the truth and if she doesn't accept it...just bitch her...if she understands...let her be your friend...

What Guys Said 4

• Say that you don't have the same feelings for her, and you don't want to be friends.

Say that it would be difficult for you anyway because she used to be with your friend, and even if she wasn't and you were into her it would be too early with too little to go on to be flinging "I love you"s about.

• Maybe, just say you're sorry, but you think of her as only a friend, nothing more.

• Don't sugar coat it. Even if you say, I don't feel that way for you, I'm not attracted to you, I just want to be friends, she might not get the idea. So don't try be subtle, it'll hurt her more in the end.

• "Lets just be friends" that's the best you can do if you don't want to hurt her feelings. There's also the "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested". But, there's no way to not hurt her feelings at this point since she said, "I love you".