Is my boyfriend trying to get me to dump him?

I have been seeing a guy since Christmas. We went out five times in January but only once in February as he was busy, and so far twice in March. He says he wants to take things slow and has been hurt in the past - but who hasn't! He texts most days and says he likes me but he is not very affectionate and does very blokey things like farting and wafting it over in my direction!. Also he completely avoided anything to do with Valentine's day, no card or flowers which I thought was odd as he got me flowers on the first date, he did have me over that night and cooked me dinner which was nice but I'm just confused about where I stand. I know I should just ask him straight out how he feels but I wonder if the fact that he doesn't chase me means that I should realize he's just not that into me?

What Guys Said 1

• You should let him know that you want more and that you think maybe he doesn't. You should tell him you understand he wants to go slowly but that you think a decent amount of time has passed and you'd like to know what he's still worried about. You should also consider that maybe he was hurt recently and isn't relationship material - he might be rebounding right now. But your instinct is right, you should talk to him. Just be calm and non-confrontational about it and make sure not to interrupt him while he is talking.

• Thanks for your reply, I know this probably seems a trivial worry considering the other things that are going on in the world right now. I just think that I have been really patient and considerate with him, I'm just afraid of putting pressure on him. Your right though I need to remember not to interrupt. lol.

What Girls Said 0