Would you reply to a text from a guy, if you were busy hanging out with friends?

i texted this girl a few days ago and we got into a good conversation. I asked here what she was up to, and she said she was hanging out with friends.

if you didn't like a guy, would you bother taking the time away from your friends to text him back continuing the conversation?

when she said she was with her friends, I kept picturing them being like "who's texting you? ohhh a guy!?" and then telling her to mess with me, using different signs in the reply's etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• This kind of situation can get complicated. My cousin has someone who she really likes and no matter who she's with at any occasion, she'll make time to reply right away. Me on the other hand, someone who I wasn't that interested in texted me. I was inside the car with all of my friends and it was really loud, everyone was all excited for some reason. That day, I was in a bad mood and felt it was kind of boring so yeah... I chatted with him because I had nothing else to do. But if you find that kind thing happens often, then I guess what you're thinking is true.

What Girls Said 7

• everyone texts no matter where they are or who they are with it's not a big deal. I think you are thinking about it too much. the good thing is that she is txting you while she's with her friends and not trying to hide the fact that she's txting you or only txting you when she's alone. you are in her world and she doesn't mind if people know or not. that's good! and to answer your question yes I would text a guy when I'm with my friends and if I liked him I wouldn't care that my friends were there if I took a little time away from them to text a guy I liked they would understand they might be curious about who it is that I keep txting but I'd just explain. no big deal.

• hahahaha well I wouldn't bother answering if I ddnt care about the guy! :)

especially if I was having fun hanging out you know? I'd wait till I go back home and text him back

on the other hand, if I was bored for sole reason, I would definitely text back! :)

but that's just me I dt know about others :)

• Yeah I have and usually my friends make fun of me because if it's a guy I like a smile comes across my face known as the boyfriend smile.

• If the guy I liked texted me, I would definately text him back and tell my friends that the guy I liked texted me.

• it doesn't necessarily mean that she likes you. some people text other people when they're out with a group of friends.

• this is true. I don't know if a lot of girls are like this but when i/most girls I know get a text, we feel like we should reply as soon as we read it. doesn't really matter whether we're interested or not. although, I think I personally reply quicker if I'm interested.

• I would keep talking to her. That situation you were picturing does happen often

• lol, hahaha you are definitely right to picture that, but it's a good sign. It means she's interested in you. I don't know if I'd take the time to text a guy if I were with my friends unless I was genuinely interested in him as more than a friend.

What Guys Said 2

• If she was with her friends than you can pretty much guarantee that her friends are seeing the messages too. If a girl is text messaging you back than that's a good sign, if her friends are there than she might be pushed to say more gutsy things. She is probably happy that you messaged her with her friends around. Girls might not act it at times but they are defiantly happy when a guy hits on them. If the guy is charming and handsome than that's a bonus.

• Yeah they would. Unless all the girls that have text me back liked me. Which I doubt.

Unless you mean like as in a friend, then yeah probably.