Is it wrong to not wanna date someone exclusively?

well I started seeing this is girl and we kinda had a good vibe. the thing is she was seeing other people and she was honest about it. "im seeing other people nothing substantial :) " these were her exact words. so I realized maybe I wasn't supposed 2 focus my attention on one girl who actually wasn't ready for anything. so I started going out and met some people which was a good thing. so this initial girl met me after one of my lectures in the late afternoon, she asked me if I wanted 2 hang out and ironically one of the girls I had set a date with me was waiting for me in the lobby. so I just told her" I have to see someone today nothing substantial :) " the crazy thing is she saw the girl I was supposed 2 meet that day and she is just as pretty as her and she drives a mini cooper (she is actually outta my league). so now she goes 2 her friends and bad mouths me. she called me an insensitive bastard and she told them I was incapable of waiting on her, the thing is I like her but I wasn't gonna kiss up 2 her while I wasn't her exclusive boyfriend. my question is what did I do so wrong here ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it seems like she tried to play a mind game. She wanted to see how you would react to her seeing other people, but you seeing other people wasn't even in the equation for her. She tested you to see how you would react basically. So not saying you were to blame but there was some communication problems.

What Girls Said 2

• You did nothing wrong. She just assumed she'd have you on back burner and was pissed that she had competition. Not the kinda girl you would want to be exclusive with- there would always be mind games and trust issues.

• Nothing. She tried to play you and lost.

What Guys Said 1

• You did the right thing dude.

Even if she was playing a mind game, you don't have time for that high-school bullsh*t. Her loss.