I lean in for a kiss and she leans away giggling. Why is she acting this way towards me?

There's this amazing girl I know who I have feelings for. Ever since I have admitted my feelings for her things have been great; she feels the same way, we've been hanging around a lot more and our relationship has gotten deeper. However, whenever I try to show my affection for her through a kiss or by to hold her hand, she refuses but in a playful manner. I lean in for a kiss and she leans away giggling. There have been one or two times where we held hands without her playfully resisting but every other time she keeps doing the same thing. She's generally a shy girl, I understand that but its gotten to a point where it's getting annoying and I told her about it. She says its how she is. There's even sometimes she won't look me in the eyes; if we do make eye contact it's brief and she looks away giggling and tells me to stop looking at her. Am I doing something wrong? Because sometimes she feels perfectly fine holding my hand or looking me in the eyes and other times she doesn't. Why is she being like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not doing anything wrong, she is just being really shy. This might be her first relationship and she might not be fully comfortable doing all those things yet. Give her some time and try to be a little understanding. I think that it is good that you told her it frustrates you, shows you are not afraid to communicate your feelings to her. Just be patient and you could even reassure her that everything will be OK and that you like to hold her hand and kiss her... etc.

What Girls Said 1

• She sounds shy. If she was over 21 or whatever I'd say otherwise, but she (probably) has not had dozens of boyfriends so is awkward because she likes you.

I'd hang in there (show her you actually like her) if you really do care about her. Just remember shy girls like that wouldn't be around you to begin with if they didn't like you.

What Guys Said 1

• its hard to tell exactly what's going on there...could be a couple things. my bet would be that she either is really shy when it comes to showing affection, or that kissing is put on a pedestal to her. some girls won't openly kiss unless they absolutely feel its the right time for it. just go along with what she's allowing you to do...dont push anything, because you could be making her uncomfortable.