Which of the following best describes your view of online dating?

How do you feel about meeting somebody online?

• Not for me. I only date people that I meet in person. Call me old fashioned.
  • Shallow, frustrating, a waste of time and possibly money.
  • I guess I'd be open to it, but I'd have to lie about where we met.
  • It's the twenty-first century, I do most of my flirting online.
  • Sweet jesus, I'm so tired of those eHarmony ads...

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd rather meet someone in person, because I'd most likely meet them somewhere that I enjoy going to, so we'd already have something in common

and they would be local

and it's less embarrassing to tell people that you met at a coffee shop or something compared to online, in my opinion

• "and it's less embarrassing to tell people that you met at a coffee shop or something compared to online, in my opinion" hahaha, agreed

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't actually go to a dating website, looking for love. Ever. Some people like it, but it's not for me. But I'm not against online dating. I'm with someone right now, but hypothetically speaking.. if I met someone in another venue online and something seems to be there, sure. I just wouldn't do it on a dating site.

• I would really have to question my self confidence if I turned to the internet for casual hook ups, I am really not privy to being on the news, and my loved ones finding out my bones are buried in a ditch somewhere. You can't trust a lot of people, too many strange characters. It might work for some people, and that is okay. To each their own I suppose.

• I doubt I'd even feel comfortable with bumping into someone I met online at the grocery store, let alone dating them. I am just way too uptight about online safety and anonymity for that. But I know some couples who met online and they're completely perfect for each other. Online dating is something that can be a great option for some people but is not for everyone. It depends on the person.

• Hahaha when I saw this question it really makes me think lol...

Im going to have a Blind date this coming June and I'm a bit anxious its bcoz I haven't met this guy yet but he's living near with my family in states and were just talking over the phone and I'm gonna pick him up at the airport goshhh lol do you think I'm fool?lol he just told me that he's going here to meet me but he bought already a tcket haha

• I'd never date someone I met online.

I'd never meet someone I just talked to online.

It's silly and a bit dangerous. I tend to not trust people a lot anyways, the internet just makes this a more dangerous situation hence making me paranoid.

• I am worried that it could be dangerous or misleading. I prefer to meet people in person and get to know them as friends first.

• I could never do it. I have trust issues, so only people I meet in person are date-able for me personally.

• i know people who ahve met online and are now married so it can't be all bad but I don't think I would do it.

• I think meeting someone online is perfectly OK, just another way to meet people you otherwise wouldn't. But just because you meet someone online doesn't mean you know them, you have to take it offline in order to see if anything is there

• I'm open to meeting someone in person that I originally met online and seeing where it goes.

• i actually met my boyfriend now from online dating. I see nothing wrong with it. just another way of meeting someone. it's no different then if some guy approached me in starbucks.

• I am happy for you! I find that online people lie profusely about their background, abilities, etc. They post their pix from 10 years ago - which would be okay if you look the same or better. If I walked up to you at Starbucks with my 10 year old photos, you'd see that I lost like 40 lbs even as I gained some muscle mass, and I look better overall, but sadly it's not the case usually, and time will be unkind even to the best of us eventually.

What Guys Said 7

• In a fantasy world, if there were an online dating site where facts and pix would be objectively verified, and like girls would send delegates to guys' houses (and vice versa) to see how they keep them, and interview their last 3-4 long and short term relationships, and find ways to objectively measure how they are succeeding in life and growing professionally and culturally, and what is their upward mobility, that is the kind of dating site I would join.

Otherwise I would take my chances in the wild. At least my own eyes don't like to me (except maybe in some holidays, LOL)

• I tried it. Not once, twice! Both times, it felt like natural progression of relationship had been turned on its head. Usually, I would meet a girl, somehow got to know each others through work or other activities, and realized that we click. That's when attraction would start to develop. Through attraction, we would naturally want to know more and more about each others.

With online dating, you start with the statistics about each others and then you wonder if the statistics appeal to you or not. Had I saw the profiles of my ex-es in a dating site, I wouldn't have taken a second look.

• I find it more shallow than anything. Part of meeting people in person is that they can get an idea of your personality and not just looks. Everyone I know who has an online dating account only looks for dates based on pictures. It leads people to looking at what someone looks like rather than who they really are deep down.

Also I feel it is a HUGE waste of money. Actually any site that will allow you to meet other people is a waste. I was recently looking for a site to find a penpal in another county and it wouldn't let you do much unless you paid for them. Couldn't send people messages, couldn't read messages people sent you, couldn't post an email address. I don't think I should have to pay money to be able to make a new friend. And as if the ads on the top, bottom, and each side of the screen wasn't bringing them enough money already...

• Sick of the ads, don't care if they want to do it, I'd rather meet in person, but if I meet someone online I like, I'm fine with that too.

• these options suck

• I don't trust online, but I would probably try it as a last resort.

• It has the same problems with dating in real life.

Women sitting on their ass not doing anything, not replying to guys showing an interest in them, and not initiating with guys that they like, not to mention the gold digging.

link Okcupid took statistics from their own database and made them public just to show how much gold digging gets done and the most common lies people put on their profiles.

According to their chart of income to responces the reply rate from women to men "If you're 23 or older and don't make much money (20k+), go die in a fire"- - - >Okcupid.

I feel sorry for the guys finishing their UNI qualifications because they are the most likely to fit in this age group while they are studying but will be in a higher income bracket afterwards.