Have you heard of successful love stories derived from online dating?

Do you think there are actually nice decent really guys out there you can meet online? or is it just a waste of time? Let's say you clicked and he's half a world away, do you think that relationship is worth pursuing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am engaged to the man of my dreams. We have known each other for four years now. However 3 of those years were spent getting to know one another. We met online but not on a date site. I never was one to date guys online. Not only that but I was very leary of it all. We took our time to get to know one another and eventually we met up. As time progressed we began to see more of each other until finally he moved out here. Now we are engaged and very happy. It's possible but it takes a lot of effort, trust and creativity.

What Guys Said 1

• well I have heard of people looking online and finding the love of there life now a couple things to keep in mind when you try this approach is its a long shot with low possibilities you will actually find someone and if you’d do the search is just as long online as it is in the day to day interacting world. Also one must make sure they are looking for the right reasons not for attention or proof your loveable, that just ends in two way heart break now if you do find someone worlds away you can't call it love because one you need to meet them the computer is a mask on both sides , only in person can you truly know and finally if you do meet them and all and there is a spark you need to really think hard and see if ur heart can take long distance, seeing people with their partners while urs is across whatever.

What Girls Said 4

• I know a man who met his wife online. There are decent people out there, it's just a matter of finding them and figuring out if what they say is genuine. I've talked to different people online, and discovered that a lot of them have lied. Don't believe everything they say, because you can be whoever you want to online. But, I guess my answer is, it IS possible. You just have to weed through the bad, lying ones.

• I'm sure there are some out there, especially in this day and age. I don't know anyone who has met that way, but that's just my group. It's just that such relationships can be really hard because of the distance, the cultural differences, etc. But many people do it and it works. If I felt a definite something for someone, very intense feeelings, then I probably would pursue it. Just because I'm a huge fan of love stories. ;)

• I wouldn't pursue a long distance thing unless I'd really struck out at home. I do know three couples who met on line and are married. All of the guys are pretty decent. This is just a silly story that doesn't mean much, but one of them is both a doctor and fighter pilot. When my boyfriend met him he "thanks a lot, man, now I have to claim I'm a senator and astronaut in order to compete."

• My sister met her current hubby online.he's got a master's in finance, close to his family, so goodlooking he was offered a modeling gig with abercrombie.on an ethnic dating site

• Wow! perfect!

• I forgot to mention that he's free of emotional baggage and down to earth! almost sounds like he's too good to be true