How long will it take me for me to get over her?

ok..long story short, my ex broke it off in middle of januray after nearly four years. I thought I was over her, I have even been talkin to woman to get to know them and even been on a date, esentially moving on. but why do I think about my ex now and then? I don't wana get back with her because she rebounded with my friend and is still with him as far as I know. she got with him within a month, anyway. is it normal to think about her still and how long would it normally take to stop? will it happen when I start going out with someone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think on average it takes around 6 months so your doing OK so far. But it is very much down to the individual. Personally I never forget my exes. They all still have a place in my mind and still crop up every now and again. Sometimes it makes me sad, sometimes it makes me smile. Mostly it's a daydream that go's as quickly as it comes into my head. It's all part of giving your heart to somebody else. The longer your apart, the less you will think about her until she will be no more than a passing memory.

• i have just had to phone her, because she has my certificate that I need for college, and never realized untill I actualy thought about it. it hurt and I started to shake, I don't know why, but she was actually nice to me on the phone, as though she doesn't care, and I said ill meet your brother, and she was like '' well ill meet you cos I'm not guna be childish'' I'm like wtf haha...i don't wana get back with her, but I wana stop the feelings for her, I was with her 4 years, and it still sore..

What Girls Said 2

• wow I'm going through the same thing! I was with my ex for almost 4 years and we broke up early January, it's been three months and for some reason I still think about him everyday, I think it will stop when you start liking someone else, how ever long that will take...

• why did your ex break it off? I mean what were the reasons behind your break up? that could have a lot to do on how long it will take to process things.

What Guys Said 1

• I think the longer the relationship, the longer it takes to get over her. I think the best way to forget about her is to remove all things that may get you thinking about her, like old pictures, gifts, etc. Once you start seeing someone else and develop a deep relationship with that girl, your ex will be a distant memory and any feelings for her will be gone.