Is our age difference ok?

I am 16 years old, and my girlfriend is 13 going on 14 this spring.. She is incredibly mature for her age. I sometimes forget how much younger she is than me. I never have thought about the possibility of problems arising because of this age difference. People have approached me with concerns about the age difference multiple times.

I suppose my question here is; is there anything wrong with me being in a relationship with her? We are both madly in love with each other. I would never force or pressure her into doing something with me that she isn't ready for. In fact, I would advise her against it until she is a little older. What are your thoughts on our differences in age?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it probably is a big difference emotional maturity wise. I know as an 8th grader I was a lot different than I was as a sophomore in high school which is about the age difference for you guys. it's not about maturity so much as being wise with age. You know what I mean just compare yourself to how you were as an 8th grader. My advice would be that Until she's in high school with you I'd keep a very hands off approach to your love and with both of you at very hormonal stages that won't be easy but to me that's the biggest issue here and whether you'll be happy with that and if she is mature enough to understand why is the question.

What Girls Said 2

• Just don't tell any future girlfriends.

Most girls dump guys for that past behavior.

• My ex boyfriend was 15 and I was 13 when we started dating. I say do what makes YOU happy. People are going to criticize and ridicule you but don't let it get to you! We dated for 2 years and it was a great relationship. I say go for it!

What Guys Said 0