What do you consider "natural" in a girl?

you hear time and again that guys want a natural girl, but what does natural really mean? no makeup? no hair dye? no plastic surgery? no push up bras?

i'll be honest about myself. my bras have some padding for lift, I wear makeup, and I dye my hair. I don't do it for boys, I do it for myself. I think it makes me look pretty and presentable and that's when I feel most confident. I don't think I'm fake. I'm a genuine girl, and I'm not out to lie to anybody, but this is how I choose to present myself to the world.

when it comes to plastic surgery I think that's different because you're physically altering yourself. but if a girl wants to get it to up her confidence then I don't see why she shouldn't. but in that case she should be honest with her boyfriends about what she had done.

but anyway I want to hear your take on this. I don't think you can call a girl fake unless she's pretending to be a person she's not, intentionally changing her personality in order to please people. I don't think you can be a fake on the outside, fake comes from within.

Most Helpful Guy

• this is natural : long flowing non-dyed hair covering the ears and parted in the center, no make up, no fake lashes, no fake boobs, no long nails, no high heels ( anything over 3 inches high is too high )

Instead of make up, the best way to bring out the best in your looks is exercise at least one hour a day, eat a balanced diet with very little sugar, fat or salt, five small portions of protein per day with plenty of fruits and vegetables plus 8 cups of water and three cups of soy milk plus at least 1000 IU of Vitamin D per day. ( Go to WebMD for more health tips )

Google " hair cuts hair styles" and follow Jessica Simpson's center parted hair style that creates great symmetry to the face:

Also, the more dresses you wear the better :)

What Guys Said 14

• The real question here is this:

Where is the line drawn between "grooming" and "modifications?"

Personally I despise modifications, but I'm all for grooming. I hate hair dye, tattoos, piercings, etc. I'm not a fan of makeup but I understand that in some cases it's a necessary evil. I hate tans unless its the "healthy glow" you get from just being active and outdoorsy.

• To me, natural means little to no make up (maybe just eye liner and maskera), just normal piercings, no tatoos...that I can see lol, and whatever your natural hair color is! I think girls are beautiful just the way they were born, they don't need all this extra stuff to help them look better. You can wear push up bras or whatever, if anything it just makes your clothes fit right lol.

• Someone who is fit and comfortable with herself. If she is comfortable in makeup, so be it. If she is happy without it, that's cool too. Padded bras aren't a huge issue, but when I see a girl look like she is stacked and have my friend turn to me and go "by the way, they're maybe half that" I become disinterested.

Clearly if you aren't being fake, I understand, but you have to understand that it isn't about how you see you, it's about how others see you.

I agree that fake is best used to discuss false personality. If a girl can be up front with me and not pretend her hair color is natural and such, then whatever she wants to do to make herself happy, I'm fine with it.

• Nothing 'over the top', 'too extreme'. Litttle or no make-up, hair styles that haven't taken an hour to create, dressed to 'look nice' not reveal and get attention

• Natural doesn't mean opposite of fake. It just means no modifications. When I think of natural in this sense it means no hair dye, no cosmetic surgery other than maybe dental work, no makeup, no nail polish. I have one lady friend who also doesn't use any scented deodorant or perfume. That doesn't mean I have anything against women who do wear deodorant or nail polish. Natural is a look, and some people can pull it off. I personally dye my hair too, and have a number of visible piercings.

• Well I consider a natural girl someone who is quite feminine, doesn't try to be someone they're not and doesn't try to alter their looks too much. Pretty much what you said.

But when guys say they want a 'natural girl' I think they are mainly referring to her looks, someone who looks attractive naturally.

Honestly I have no problem with a bit of make up, dyed hair or anything like that (although I find plastic surgery a bit odd) and as long as they be themselves, that's natural enough for me.

• Natural. Meaning like she's not an alien. I like dyed hair and I like some make-up. But when you do everything you can possibly think of to make yourself look better it seems forced.

It also signals insecurity. If you arn't comfortable with yourself and have to change it all it also follows that you will have a stiff and artificial personality which nobody likes.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you refuse to go out unless everything is just SO you are doing to much

If it takes you longer than 3 hours to get ready for something it's too much

• Natural means she looks stunning without makeup or any extra help. She is just simply stunning from the time she is born to the moment she dies. It has nothing to do with personality because it is all based on observation. less is more.

• if your not doing it for boys, then are you doing it for girls

come on , give me a break already with the "i do it for myself, crap"

• i've been asked out when I had my brown hair and was wearing no makeup and sweats. I can get a guy in any state. I dress up for me.

• Its not crap its the goddam truth

• if she's wanting to "look" pretty, then its for the guys. why else would you want to look pretty. even if it was for a certain event like a speech or something, you know guys are gonna be there (yes there are some places where guys won't be) but she knows guys will be around her most of the time. she's getting attention through looking nice

• I think of it as a natural look. So you can do makeup, a pushup bra etc., but it should looks close to natural(without it).

• your fine chill out. And a girl who doenst do makeup would be a turn off

• natural means as you were born : no make up natural hair colour no added bits from plastic surgery.

bras with padding I wouldn't out as natural but you can wear clothes which do that for you

• Hmmm so you prefer a girl to not shave any part of her body? I always find it funny that guys say "natural" yet demand women to shave off all body hair.

• I'd say on the first level, no plastic surgery, no padded bras. Then no pushup bras. Then no make up and no hair dye. The first are no's, the seconds a bit silly and the third are ok.

• Natural girl= Little to no make up, no push up bras or overly padded bras. Hair dye is fine though.

What Girls Said 4

• Haha yeah. They're always "Oh, I want a natural girl", do they realize that a natural girl wouldn't shave?

• you don't have to shave but a good trim is all you need , meaning a electric razor is fine but shaving is just too much and unnecessary

• I'm talking about armpit and leg hair too :)

• Nope, they only want the parts that benefit them

• F*** societys' warped perception of "natural" dress in what makes you feel happy about yourself, what expresses who you are. You can present to the world whatever you want and people will judge I guess you either go for a particular reaction or stop caring.

• lol I completely understand what you're saying, guys say they want a "natural girl "

but if they knew the trouble us girls went through to look like we do they would know none of us are natural.

I think they mean they just don't want a girl that goes to far, some girls wear a ton of makeup, have fake looking lips and fried hair so it looks unnatural.

I'm sure you're fine so don't worry all us girls wear makeup,dye our hair sooner or later and wear bra's with a little padding, it's no biggie

• Alot of girls aren't natural. We tend to at least do one thing that isn't natural. If your comfortable with your style then I'm sure there's a guy who would want to be with you because your just being you.