Is she just saying all that to make me angry or is he playing with me?

So I've been texting this guy JJ for 18days straight like nonstop, not like "talking" but just talking like friends. He usually texts me first. He seems really nice and acts like he's telling everything straight up. I have a crush on him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back and I'm fine with that...

My friend Maria told me he's a dealer & she knows him. Two days later she's like I've don't even know who that is. She's a total fake bitch sometimes & I don't know even know why I'm friends with her honestly but I am... We were hanging out and JJ said he'd come meet us at the park. She got pissed off cause I said I wanted to wait for him. She then said "He doesn't even know who you are! I asked his friend Michael and they both said they don't know you! Y'all aren't even talking so why do you care if he comes?"

She REALLY hurt my feelings cause she seems like I'm not allowed to talk to guys or have guys look at me. JJ and I've known each other for 2yrs. Our other friend studies with us & he texts me all the time...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea my "bff" in high school was more or less super cool till I got a boyfriend. She made me choose between them and I thought that was pretty weird since, clearly, it's quite possible to maintain a relationship with both of them. I guess it's just a fight for your attention, jealousy, or possessiveness.. not sure which, but she doesn't sound like a true friend at all.

• She has guys doing anything for her just to be able to talk to her. But guys aren't allowed to notice me or she'll go full bitch on me & them... I honestly don't know how's she's my best friend since she treats me so bad :(

• If you continue being friends with her, you are endorsing/allowing her behavior. Be frank with her about not tolerating whatever is going on, & if she crosses that line it's best to bounce immediately. Toxic friends are worse than enemies because it's easier to hurt someone with that kind of proximity. Be strong & stand up for yourself - consider it life practice because it won't be the last time you'll have to edit your inner circle. Boundaries are essential to your personal well-being.

What Guys Said 4

• ur friend is clearly lieing

• yeah she sounds like a "bitter and jealous piece of sh*t" who thinks she is the sh*t and that no one else matters.

• sounds like she's a bitter and jealous piece of bitch.

• I was thinking the same thing cause she always puts me down

• haha sounds like they both are...

What Girls Said 1

• I guess the only way you can figure that out is by hanging out with them at the same time. Who ever this friend of yours is should seriously learn to put friendship on the rocks a bit and be honest with you about anything she has to say.

And there can also be times like these, I've tried to look at my friends in bad ways and say that they were all bitching about me so that I can feel good about the relationship I was in, even though I knew that they were right most of the time. I was too blind to see what was going on and let my feelings take over that I eventually almost lost my friends. Friends are weird. they have their ways of showing you how they care and protecting you. and in this case your friend might be just protecting you. but I guess you know her way better than any of us do.