I don't know if he's holding back cause of the religion/family thing or not or if he just sees me as a friend?

I'm from a slightly conservative religious family and have never dated anyone because I'm quite set on the idea that I will end up with someone from the same religious background as me. But now I like this guy who's of the same community, and his story is the same too.. he has to end up with a girl from the same community etc.

We've been flirting, texting and we went out once (and it was very date-like) but nothing concrete yet. What do I do? I don't want to get into it any deeper where I'll be left pining after him. We talk about everything, and today he kept saying :So you'll me married soon etc etc". He gives me signs that he likes me like texting through the day and before he sleeps, taking me out etc but I don't know if he's holding back cause of the religion/family thing or not or if he just sees me as a friend? What do I do? Because if I do date him it's not going to be some casual affair. Is he thinking the same? Do I give it time?

Please help me, I'm really quite worried at this point.

What Guys Said 1

• I've seen these cross cultural things explode before so I know what you're worried about. Often it depends on how understanding you parents are/aren't and how reliant you are on them. But when it comes down to it either you like him enough to give this a shot or you don't. Figure out which it is and make your play. Regrets are terrible.

• My parents would be delighted because he is from the same religious background. But I don't know if he even likes me!

• OH! OK. I got the wrong idea reading the post sorry. Well what can you do other than spend a little time with him and see how things turn out? What's the big deal then?

What Girls Said 0