I've never been on a date?

and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong and turning guys off. I have a lot of guy friends and when I meet someone new I am always friendly and open... so I haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with me. I am not unattractive and people seem to think I am a good friend/person. Is it that I am too low maintenance or that I am too laid back? Help would be appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• heh, I'm a Mr. Niceguy myself half the time, but if you really want to go out with someone, you have to outstep your bounderies. You're 'friendly and open'. That's fine, but try doing stuff you normally wouldn't do.

for instance, 2 years ago (17 -> 18 now for reference) I lacked the balls to do many things. I then went to a party where something just stopped the 'don't do it' reflex and proceeded to go to the center of a dance off circle. I ended up meeting my first girlfriend that way.

I'm not saying do THAT... just try to be a little more adventurous. You sounded like a good friend type from the moment you said "friendly and open" which is how I'd describe myself too...

but it's called friendly for a reason. Be nice, but let the guy know you're into him. I'm not a girl, so I don't know exactly what I'd do though...

eye contact, physical contact, and a lot of things with the word contact seem to work well. compliments work too.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I have the same problem with girls, I've had a couple girlfriends but most girls see me as the "just a friend type". Maybe you are going to the wrong sort of places to meet your guy? Most of the guys I know don't care about low maintenance chicks, only high maintenance, including myself. My advice would be try going somewhere you don't normally go, And try not to sail into "friendship lagoon". goodluck!

• Thanks for the advice! :) But my next question would be a good place to meet people? I am not much of a party person and I live in a pretty small town. Any advice there? XD

• That actually helps out a lot... thanks so much! :D And hehe it's all good man. Sometimes being single is good for a person. :)

• No worries! :)

Happy I could help.

• You should probably start flirting with guys and be more open with then

What Girls Said 1

• Aha girl I'm the same way I don't think there's anything wrong with you maybe its the prefrence of the people you talk to... But something my friends allways tells me is wait don't search