Can rebound relationship end up being a real relationship?

Well me and this guy were together for 6 months, and he was with his ex for bout 5 years. But I think I ended up being the rebound. We are now gone our own ways. It was on good terms cause he doesn't know what he wants. But I'm the one being hurt on this end. I haven't talked to him yet its only been about a week now. But I seen him last night, it broke my heart but I held it in. I said hi and just kept walking. I felt I couldn't stop to have a chat. But I still wonder how does he feel for me? Can this work in the end? Can we start over if he wants? I know he had a great time with me. He always said. I always want to talk to him by calling or email. But I don't. I'm giving him space. Maybe doing so will bring us back. I don't know right now how's its going to turn out, but I sure do miss him. And ill wait as long as it takes for him to heal. But the thing is should I wait. I mean dating ill do, but I still feel my heart goes to him. all id like to know is it worth trying to work it out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am going through the same thing I feel he is everything. We hang out and I am hoping that he will realize that we are good together. I am the first ex that he is friends with and he is surprised that he still wants me part of his life and actually as his friend I am getting to know him more. I know that he is not ready for a relationship and that he is getting to know himself. He has also set personal goals for him to reach.

I hope when he figures it out he will come back but don't wait date and see if someone else sparks your fancy, because realistically when he is ready it may not be you. Trust I understand what you are going through he is everything that I want and was looking for but someday it will work out how it is supposed to and if I am meant to be with him then I will be. hope that helps. Men confuse me when they act outside of the norm.

What Guys Said 1

• hey,yeah I'm not very good with relationships but I know that rebound relationships work I mean my ex got together with a guy just to try and get over me and they have been together almost a year and are really happy. so yeah these do work out xx hope this helps

What Girls Said 1

• i think they can eventually be, if you start to like them for real