How soon do you start talking to/dating someone after a break-up?

How soon after and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to admit this, so I'll make myself anony, but if we were having sex, I need a whole year to get over it completely, even if it was a month-long deal.

• *I still date, just not ready for a full-on relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• When your ready just live life and time will tell.

• Honestly, I don't care how much I loved my ex or whoever. If a girl came along the next day & if I liked her I wouldn't think twice. Why sit around & dwell on something if you don't have to. My last relationship was about a year & I was with another girl 3 days after leaving her. I hardly ever thought of the ex & skipped the grieving process all together.

that's why rebounds are great & some actually turn into relationships

What Girls Said 3

• depends how long the other relationship was. On average a few months.

• Until I feel ready and/or find the right person to date. Don't start dating just anybody, you'll regret it.

• If it was a short relationship..I wait 2 wks or a month.So the next person won't just be a rebound I'll make sure my feeling as in check.

If it was a serious relationship..3 months the most.That gives me enough time to cry and get over the person and I can fully move on .