Online dating behavior?

"They go STRAIGHT TO THE PHOTOS. If they like the photo, then they'll like the message they get from the guy. If they don't like the photos, then the exact same message sent from an ugly guy they will say is a 'creepy' message! lol - sad but true."

Girls, what do you think? Elaborate.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to assume you're talking about dating sites and the like.

So, imagine you get a message from a girl that reads:

"Hey! I checked out your profile and you seem really interesting. I think we share a lot of the same interests and we'd probably get along quite well. I find you very attractive and would like to get to know you better. Maybe we could meet up for some drinks and see where it takes us. ;)"

Would you feel differently about the message depending on if it came from this girl: link versus this girl: link

Honestly, I don't go straight for the photos. I read the message first, then look at the photos, then read the person's profile. But I won't deny that looks play a role in things.. If the person is unattractive to me, I'm not going to pursue things further. But I don't think this is limited to just women.

• I see your point, but I don't think that's the kind of message he's talking about... fact is, hot guys can get away with saying and doing all sorts of things that "ugly" guys can't but part of what makes a guy "hot" in the mind of a girl is the fact that he doesn't CARE if the girls like it or not, whereas an "ugly" guy doesn't have the confidence to be a pig and then laugh about it... I hope that made sense heh.

• Whose pictures did you steal to prove a point? Because now you are in trouble, I forwarded your information and now you are being investigated for cyber theft.

• lol, okay pal. :)

What Girls Said 3

• if he is my age he's not much of a creeper even when he's not so good looking

• So true..

• well if I'm not attracted to a guy then I'd rather he not send me facebook messsages. if I am then I'm more open to what he has to say. but a good looking guy can still be creepy but its more likely that ugly guys are usually creepy. I'm not saying ALL or even MOST ugly guys are creepy, but most creepy guys happen to be ugly. but sometimes a guy can be perfectly normal looking and still be creepy. its complicated.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd like to give my 2 cents here as a professional dating coach who learned how to meet women online with his online dating profile before he did anything else:

I'm an average looking guy and have met women on Facebook, Match.com, Orkut, and other dating sites with only one photo of myself on my online dating profile and trust me when I say... there were AT LEAST 5 guys on the first page of search results that were better looking than me!

Nevertheless, I met my current girlfriend online, my ex, the ex before that, and had plenty of flings thanks to dating sites. Why? Because with online dating it's not who's talking, but what you say and how you talk with women that creates attraction... since most women are attracted to personality, not looks like men are.

What's more, your online dating profile can mean the difference between success and complete, utter failure. The online dating world (and me) give you many online dating profile examples to prove my point, because most men (including good looking ones AND ugly ones) make many mistakes that ruin their chances with women and they're not even aware of it!

In short: it's not how you look, but your online dating profile, what you say, and HOW you say it that count online.

• It's only sexual harassment if you think the guy is ugly.

• How often you get accepted yourself when you add someone on online dating?