Do people always date the ones with equal attractiveness to themselves?

is your answer based on rational thinking or personal experience? thx!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not always. I am always the less attractive one in the relationship. I guess because I am an average looking guy with the confidence (not cockiness or arrogance) of a far more attractive guy. I was always raised to have a good personality and character. I am not nervous around anybody and I don't try to be cool. I have been told that I am funny, intelligent, nice, well rounded, romantic, the list goes on and on, but the only thing I have NOT been told much is that I am HoT...lol. I guess that is how that always works out.

There really are people out there that really do still look for the right things in a person, despite what is shoved down our throats in todays culture. Cause being hot WILL fade, and when it does, there better be something much more to that person. And that's good for me cause I am no Brad Pitt and never will be...LOL

What Guys Said 5

• From what I can tell from looking at relationships as a whole I'd say men date down in attractiveness and women date up. I have no idea why this is or what drives it but this is something I've noticed for a while. All my friends date girls that are less attractive then they are I'd say. They do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder so this is just my judgment but still I have noticed a trend. I'd like to see others opinions on this as well.

• thx for the judgment:) very interesting. I didn t notice that around me. I want to see others opinions too. do you know how to let more people see his question :p

• I've actually noticed the opposite more often...

• Yeah.

• im dating a 10 and I personally think I don't deserve her. both looks and personality wise. she fell for the way I treat her regardless of how I look or how smart/funny I am. that's what women want, to be treated the way they want to be treated. :)

• short answer- yes.

• I do. Based on personal experience the girls who look really hot in my eyes don't want me. They want the really hot guy. So I avoid them and go for girls that are more in line with how I see myself.

What Girls Said 0