Would you date someone who's shorter or taller than you?

Or does it not matter if you or they guy/girl is taller/shorter than you?

Opinions please. :) Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I answered something like this some time ago, and will do so again now because this is one of the most popular basic animal instinctual arguments men really challenge women on.

Why should height matter to women? What does it say if she's with a guy shorter than her? That she has low self-esteem? Or that she knows karate, can take care of herself, therefore doesn't need a tall guy to "feel" protected or "feel" the illusion of it. In the end, she doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks about her. Should such a woman be an inspiration to other woman or a deviation?

Something to think about :D

• My main reason for asking this was because the guy I like is about 2-3 inches shorter than me, and I'm 5'7". So it kind of seems weird to be around him knowing I'm taller, but I got over it a while ago when I started to really like him. My only problem is that I've had people tell me I should be with someone taller than me. But height at the moment, doesn't bother me very much. I like him, so I'm not gonna 'move on' just because he's shorter than me by a few inches, lol?

• My wisdom agrees with you twice. Though I have to confess that if I was with a guy 2/3" shorter than me, I'd have trouble with that. I'm 4'10" --- tiny by American standards --- so imagine a guy who is 4'7". I'm shallow about height, I'll confess, but if I was taller like you I guess it wouldn't bother me as much.

• It's kind of rare to see/find guys that are shorter than 4'10", lol so most likely for you, it'd be taller guys. But I see what you're saying that if you were my height, it wouldn't matter as much.

What Guys Said 7

• shes gotta be shorter than me, but I'm almost 6'5 so that isn't a problem :)

• I would prefer my Girlfriend to be shorter then me by at least three inches.

• I'm 5'10 but I have been that since I was 14. I am yet to get used to being normal height.

• Dang, you were tall for 14, lol

But the guy being 5'10" and girl around 5'7" range seems "normal" for a couple..

• I know, so I don't feel to bad. and yeah, in Sixth grade I was huge.

• Shorter only.

Thanks.

• Guess it depends whether or not you are around the 6 foot range. Cause if you start dating a girl who's around 6 feet, it'll look weird, especially if the guy is 5'7" to 5'10"...

• You said it.

• I don't think it matters that much, as long as there is that chemistry there, then I see no problem what soever.

• f*** height

• I am Equal Opportunity...

• doesnt matter to me, a taller girl wouldn't emasculate me ;p lol

• im bout 5'7 by the way

• lol, I'm also 5'7"

I'm not completely over the fact that it looks weird when a girl is with a shorter guy, but my guy friend is shorter than me by maybe 2-3 inches. He absolutely hates it, but it runs in his family for the guys to be shorter than usual, lol, it's...different, but I'll admit I actually like having a guy friend that's shorter than me by a couple inches, haha

• yup, most girls are height nazis but it is what it is

What Girls Said 12

• I usually prefer guys who are taller than me but if it felt like true love then it wouldt matter as much

• I'm 5'5 and petite, 104 lbs :) I wld never date a guy that was less than 5" taller then me, so he has to be at least 5'10 but tall is a major turn on for me. 6 ft to 6'4 is sexyyyyy as hell

• Because I'm 5'7 and I usually wear 4 inch heels, I personally wouldn't date a guy who is shorter than me. I feel as though that would be awkward. I am naturally more attracted to guys who are at least 6'2.

• He has to be taller than me. He has to be a big guy :-) But the reason is because I am petit.

• im 5'4" and have a closet full of 5 inch heels so I like it if the guy is taller than me. The guy I'm dating is about 6 ft tall and I think that's perfect :)

• Dang! I couldn't wear heels even if I tried, xD

• lol, I kind of tried wearing heels when I was younger, but didn't turn out too well. :( I'm also sad that I can't even wear flats, my feet look weird in them, lol And yes, sandals do hurt less x]

• i feel the same way about flats too! I don't think they look too good on me. :/

• I would preferably date someone taller than me :)

• I'm five foot seven, and my boyfriend is around the five ten mark. I wouldn't mind if he were a few inches shorter, but a five foot five man would be slightly strange. And I love tall fellas! Nothing as tall as seven foot though, XD

• taller

• i like to date guy that are a little taller than me

• i would rather he be taller, but if he's awesome, shorter by a little bit is ok

• I'm 5'4' and prefer 6' or taller, I like my guys to be much bigger than me

• I prefer a taller partner. If the guy is shorter than me, I feel like a huge beast or something...But that's just me. I know other people who don't mind.

Although, IF I really liked him and he was shorter, I'd probably forget about that fact and still be with him. It's just on first impressions, I guess.

• I like a guy who's shorter than me by a couple inches, but I don't feel like a "huge beast", lol I actually at times feel like I'm around the same height as him (as weird as that sounds) because he's not much shorter than me.

• Lol! Yes. I get the idea. I always do that too. For me it's like a "too good to be true" thing, so I automatically tell myself that he's not interested. But I have learned that it's better to rely on his signs than on your denial when things are looking good from an objective point of view. I don't know if that might help... :P

• Haha, yeah. I've liked this guy for almost 9 months now... Lol, so obviously me telling myself he's not interested isn't working, xD. But I've been trying my best to deal with what type of friendship/relationship me and him have right now and see where it goes to.