Guys especially: When is it a date or a friend date?

Seriously, let's say that you and a "friend" have discussed dedicating a day or evening to, say, watch a series we found out we both loved together. I thought it was just talk, but this "friend" bluntly asks days later about setting a date to do this (I'm assuming one-on-one).

So, how will I know which this get-together will be? And how could I flip it to be one or the other?

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you have to know in advance? Just let it happen and see what type of date it is.

If its a date, he'll show interest beyond friendship for example he'll try figuring out things about you that won't really matter for a friend(like... what you want in life, views on important things in his eyes, etc)

Generally, there'll also be a mood that he set up because he wants you to be more then a friend ,be more inclined to appologise if you show any sort of discomfort or whatever(because he actually cares about what you think about his place/what he does etc), flirt and generally be more physical(not in a playfight type of way)

If its a frienddate, you'll watch the show, have some light conversation and maybe goof off and have a laugh.

• A date is when he will go all out and go to a nice place to eat and you two to talk. A friend date is when you two go out to the bar like dave and busters to drink and play games and have fun.

Can you have on my question please?

link

• Lol, we're in college though and don't have tons of time or cash. Also, I'm pretty sure this "friend" is terrified of being flatly rejected, so this date/friend date thing might be set up in a way he can back out if he feels its not going "well"

What are some behaviors I should expect during a date vs friend date?

• a date: getting closer to you, asking you more questions about your personal life, physical contact (touching and flirting)

friend date: playing/joking around... basically just having fun and not stressing on getting to know the person better if I can put it like that lol.

What Girls Said 0