He likes me but won't ask me out!?

ok so there's this guy I've known for about 2 years.. he asked me out when we first startd talkn but I wanted to get to kno him better first. now he tells me he likes me and still flirts with me and tried to kiss me once when we went to the movie but I told him not to.. but he won't ask me out.. why!?

Most Helpful Guy

• why don't you ask him out? f*** chivalry, why does it make a guy less of a man, not masculine if he doesn't take initiative, take charge and ask you out? it's so damn sexist, if only you girls just said "because we are shy, scared, and don't want to be rejected" that would make me feel better, it would make me realize and view it like this "the reason why most girls don't make the first move and ask guys out is because of tradition, and why bother risking rejection when we have all the power to select and choose?" Since society and culture made it the status quo, social norm for the guy to initiate, girls use it to their advantage.

What Guys Said 3

• Look you turned him down already, he's probably waiting for you to make the first move. I say you ask him out. Plus its kind of hot when a girl takes control.

• does he know you like him. why did you reject his kiss IF you like him. are you single

just some questions to think about

• I think you know the answer to this. You're hesitancy earlier hurt his confidence. How the f*** do you expect him to be confident after you quasi rejected him twice?

What Girls Said 5

• you've already rejected him once and he's worried he'll be rejected by you again. He obviously likes you because he's still flirting and told you he likes you maybe you need to tell him you like him too.

• stop obeying chivalry, just ask him out

• But you said he asked you out. That's already dating going to the movies.

• Maybe he thinks you don't like him since you turned him down already

• mm since you rejected his kiss once, he probably thinks you just want to be friends! I'm not going through a "almost" similar situation, there's this guy I met two years ago as well, and he flirts with me and complements my looks, I even sent him a message on FB with my phone and he never called or texted or replied to my msg, last time I saw him he gave me a kiss on the cheek(close to my lips). I gave him all the signals and still hasn't asked me out :(. Good luck sweetie!