Would you date a 50+ man only if he was famous/super wealthy?

especially if you're a 20 something years old girl... what are your thoughts on this? do you fancy older men? what is your limit? do you by any means find them "sexier" than guys your age? (once again, if you're still in your 20s and we're talking about men 50 years old and up)... does the thought disgust you or turn you on?

would it only turn you on if the older man we're speaking of was a famous singer/actor/artist/scientist or something? or would it be efficient if he only were average, healthy, successful, treated you nice,... etc. How about hair? does he need to have a head full of silver attractive hair like George Clooney or Morrissey? do you think men that age should get plastic surgery to look more sexually attractive to you?

• It's my ultimate fantasy! him being famous/wealthy does not matter
  • I'd only fancy a famous older guy like my favorite singer or actor
  • WHAT?! Eeeeewww
So let's summarise: young girls think older guys are creeps with buffy pockets, and older ones would be going out with young guys by the time we reach the age of 50... so our generation (guys) will die alone in the middle of this century?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be really turned off unless it was peirce brosnan. hahaha. mmm goldeneye.

I wouldn't have sex with him, but I think I would just find him charming and admirable. I'd likely try to learn some things from stories of his life experiences.

Though I wouldn't want him to be famous. Him being famous leads to my name being dragged through the mud of the press. I'm a private person.

I have always wanted to befreind an ex-mob head who was retires, escaped the game and jail and lives in Miami. I would want to learn from him and hear all of his cool and twisted stories. A day of his stories would be better then a Harvard mba. I would just sit there and let him tell his brilliant tales and lessons. Or someone like a great explorer or scientist. Maybe along the lines of david attenburough..

I hope one day that my father in law is this brilliant slightly eccentric man of the world who sits in a wingback chair with a tea and enterains the kids and myself with his brilliant knoledge and expertly told stories.

*sigh*

• lol I feel you girl, I like the image you have. So no sex for the old fellas? :'(

• No.Discusting.

No sex with anyone who is not my love/husband.

You may be old and learned how to charm a few stupid sheep, maybe pushed them through a fence. Good for you, old and silly. But I'm young and wise. Likely smarter then you too ( I might be the death of you). So quit the boarderline namedropping and other general bullsh*t (which shows a lack of character, even with age). Go have that tea in a corner far opposite from me.

• yer classy, I wish I knew how to charm a few young stupid sheep though!

What Girls Said 61

• what are your thoughts on this? that I should just be a prostitute if I do that

do you fancy older men? No I don't like dinosaurs

what is your limit? No one older than me by a year

do you by any means find them "sexier" than guys your age? If they look like the guys my age- muscles, abs, hair then yes they're sexy but not sexier unless they are fitter

does the thought disgust you or turn you on? yes

would it only turn you on if the older man we're speaking of was a famous singer/actor/artist/scientist or something? no I'd rather be famous then cling on someone who is

or would it be efficient if he only were average, healthy, successful, treated you nice,... etc.

No I could find a guy my own age like this

How about hair? does he need to have a head full of silver attractive hair like George Clooney or Morrissey? Full head of non grey hair. Dinosaurs need to stop saying silver it's grey

do you think men that age should get plastic surgery to look more sexually attractive to you?

No one needs to get plastic surgery to be attractive to me. I'm no Hilter.

• HAHAHAHA damn you're fun and mean, don't you think you're going to become a dinosaur someday too?

• hahaha Donald Trump is just a trump, we men are not fond of him. And trust me hun, if Oprah ever wanted a much younger hot guy she'd get it by tomorrow, many other wealthy women do anyways.

• awesome. I like your answers.lol

• Young women date older men mostly because of that sense of security they would get from the man. So, that would include the man being financially comfortable though not necessarily rich. If a man can provide a lifestyle to a young woman that she desires, she may be quite disposed to dating him. For some women, that lifestyle is simply one where she is not living without food and shelter or living in an abusive home environment, for other gals, especially those that are highly attractive and running in the right circles, they will be looking for a sugar daddy.

A certain amount of young women don't want regular sex and wouldn't have a problem being with a man who might not be up to performing at the levels he did when he was their age. Also, different men take better care of themselves than others, so at 50 they could still be hot, plus if they were confident and accomplished, well that could be disarming to many a young woman.

But as you see, yes, many young women are not in to men who are their father's age. I know when I was in my 20's I definitely did not consider dating a man in his 50's. There was nothing about it that would have worked for me. At my age, I still haven't met a man that is my age that was available and that I had chemistry with. I have definitely seen men my age and older I thought were attractive, but they were taken. For me, it seems more of the older men who are single seem quite damaged by their divorces, or living out some sort of silly playboy dream where they think I am up for just sleeping with them. The ones that have never been married and are in their 50's, I cannot wrap my mind around that. I like a man who is totally ready for a relationship, not afraid of it.

• If the man looked like any of these men:

- Sean Connery

- Richard Gere

- Harrison Ford

- George Clooney

- Brad Pitt (he's getting there, 50)

- Johnny Depp (he's getting there, 50)

- Scott Bakula

- Kevin Costner

- Dennis Quaid

- Pierce Brosnan

- Denzel Washington

I would be all over them. It's not about the money so much. It's about how they carry themselves, articulate themselves and how they treat me. Most older men (not all) have the courting skills down, and know what to say and what not to say.

• Hell yeah! If they are hot that is... I have always been attracted to older men and I love the thought of being with one... Doesn't matter if they are rich or not :)

• highest level of purity this is :)

• Half your age plus seven. If she's younger than that, she's too young for you. If yo'ure 55, that means she should be in her mid 30s.

Of course I believe adults can make their own decisions, but honestly if you're just seeking out 20-year-old girls then I think you need to grow up a little. How are you two going to have a real relationship other than just sex? Most likely it's going to be trading your money for her sex with that large an age difference.

• Indeed.

There are enough interesting 50+ women

• I'm a 18-24 guy as the question suggests, I just wondered how life would be like for us guys when we're half a century old, it's so unmotivational :(

• I think that age gap would leave very little for us to have in common. Like we come from totally different generations. Not to mention it would be like dating one of my dads friends or something its just super weird even if he was famous/rich/whatnot..

SO its definitely about what we would have in common. I know,there are some girls with "old souls" out there that would find a they have a lot in common with an older guy.BUT If a man gets plastic surgery to appeal to younger women, that would make me think he just wants a young girl so he could feel young because why not get an attractive women his own age with common interests.

• No. I doubt it. I can't say I've ever been in a situation where that was an option though lol. I think that it's wrong to date someone for fame or wealth. If I loved the guy though, then age wouldn't matter. I actually find older men attractive. Not 50+ men, but I'm 22 and I like guys in their late 20s/early 30s. They're just more manly! I don't know how to explain it. It has nothing to do with how much hair's on their head. Attraction goes much deeper than that. And no, plastic surgery for anyone except someone suffering from serious disfigurement is nasty, in my opinion.

• I'm 22 and he's 53 (looks like 40 tho). I only fancy him because his personality, the way the treats me, talks to me. I by no means find older men more attractive than guys my age. I have this huge crush on him, and not for his money(which he has lol), but for who he is, I like the absolutely confidence he has on himself. Even knowing I can't have him, he stills turns me on everyday *blush*

• I think that the 1/2 your age plus 7 is really a good rule of thumb for guys that are 20-42. You should never have more than like 15 years separating you or it will really have problems and work out infrequently. Just because it doesn't make a good relationship doesn't mean that younger girls aren't attracted to attractive older men. I know Jon Stewart is not generally oggled at or thought of as an old hunk but if I were older I would like him (if he weren't married with kids). I appreciate his good looks and hilarious sense of humor- and I'm only 16. I would NEVER consider him for me though- even if it weren't a relationship.

• lol Jon Stewart, he is a great guy indeed.

• LOVE his show!

• yeah imagine how can someone fire ICBM's and teachers at the same time lmao

• I cannot see myself with a 50 y/o man. I don't care if he is filthy rich. I plan to live my own life with a good career. And no, I don't think men that age should get plastic surgery just to seem sexually attractive. It's a waste of money because I'm sure there are women around their age who would love to date and maybe even remarry them.

• I have already experience with older rich men being into me. I have never dated one because they disgust me. The guy I date has to be around my age minus/plus 4 years. Those rich old men want your young body and in contrast they offer you wealth. Since I do not need money I would never date one.

• I utterly respect your view. But lets say his wealth comes with the package, it isn't the thing he's mainly offering you... and all he wanted was like, a young hearted lady with a young body because he thought it'd be sexually and emotionally sparkling (if it worked). And he couldn't find women his age who'd fulfil all of that, would you still think of him as a creep?

• That's an interesting point there in the comment. I am getting up there in years (approaching 40), yet I am in the best shape of my life and am very athletic. I ski (top speed 109km/h), scubadive, etc. Girls my age plus or minus 4 years tend to have their bodies disintegrating - the vast majority of those who are single just can't realistically keep up. A girl in her early to mid 20s is a feasible alternative when genes and fitness create a gap between passport age and biological age.

• yeah, I think that people should rather be judged on the way they take care of themselves, not by number of years they've been living because that's something they can't do anything about. There are young people who are utter rubbish because all they do is driving their health downhill and hipping around... on the other hand, there are considerate, mature and young hearted older individuals who look younger because of their life's system and efforts, i.e. perfectionists. Those should've priority

• No! No! No! Eeeeek! Not even a 50 year old versiĆ³n of Brad Pitt.

• haha why? what would be so wrong with Brad Pitt when he turns 50? :p

• I'm horny and I need a nonviagra induced hot 20 something immature dude to constantly have wild sex day and night. Older men are more experienced but they expect a lot of experience from my part as well. Saying hello to a possible daughter who is close to my age is a huge turn off and embarrasing. Men whine about women having baggage but men who have had plus 20 partners and all tupes of emotional scarring is another turn off.

• So true, particularly for the horny young fellas part :p although some girls would probably find that old boyfriend's daughter (which could've been your age) somewhat kinky lol

• I wouldn't date anyone solely for wealth or fame.

I'm more likely to date someone closer to my age. I'm not usually attracted to men that much older than myself, and I would probably feel a little self-conscious about the age difference, honestly, but I wouldn't absolutely rule it out. You never know who you're going to fall for until it happens, I guess.

• I could never imagine being with a guy that could be my father. It may work for some people, but it just creeps me out.

• I will never date someone so much older than me...I’m 19 year old...and if he was 50 years old men...I think is too old for me famous or not...I think my limited age will be 30. I could say that I’m in love in 27 years old men...and I can’t imagine if he was 50 year old...sorry but too old :))

• I think I would date a wealthy older man. But I would want to set some rules right away. I'm 21 years old and the thought of a 50 year old horn ball on top of me, doesn't exactly turn me on.

But if there were legit moolah involved, I would play along. If he were someone famous, such as Johnny Depp (who is 48... ALMOST 50... ) I would definitely be turned on.

I like my men to have dark hair. Silver? Eh... not so much. And I do NOT think plastic surgary would be the way to win a woman's heart. I am against it.. it's evil. Maybe some minor wrinkle filler stuff would be OKAY but nothing super crazy like eye lid transplant and stupid crap like that. Good question though. Your going to get a lot of different feedback from a lot of different girls ;)

• most of those older and attractive ones you might think of have actually done "modifications" I think, that nice dark hair on an older man doesn't come out of nature, it's usually transplants and dark hair dyes :p great answer though! but I still have a question, why do you find an older man horn ball a turn off lol do you think older attractive horny men should pretend they don't care about sex and are only into emotions?

• maybe if he is nice and kind and caring.

• No. haha, maybe if it was George Clooney, but that would be a big exception. other than him, no way in hell.

• lol you never know, there are lots of other guys his age that might be more handsome than he is, and even fitter, or much better for sex :p

• haha well... lets put it this way... if I had the choice between an old guy and a young guy, all other factors (feelings.. looks) the same, I'd choose the young guy :P

• i don't think you can show lots of guys in their 50s that are hotter than george clooney.

(and honestly his looks are starting to go downhill a bit, though he's still very attractive.)

• My man is 6 years older, I don't think I could go older than that. I could care less how rich or famous they are, I've always been much more happy choosing love over money. Also, it's hard to not be on the same level as someone you're with.

• no way, I will be 20 in oct and I seriously don't date anyone old enough to be my brother who is 5 years ild than me, so I definitely wudn't date a 50 year old, my father is 50 something, that's nasty.

• I prefer older guys over younger guys, but I cannot imagine myself dating someone who is about my fathers age, although it seem to have been a normal age gap between husband and wife in the olden times. I think the age difference would be OK if the age gap is ten or lower as in the guy being older.

• No

• NO THE ELDERLY DESERVE TO BE FREE WHY WOULD I Want an old dude? I'm not that shallow. I barely care about money. I would never date a person 35+, not my thing.

• how old are you

• nice new pic :)

• im young and I don't want to waste my time with old man.. that doesn't sound right.. you live once.. you enjoy what you have. :)

• Hello

Hello Dear,

My name is happiness I saw your profile today and became interested in you and I want you to contact me back through my private email here(happiness.nelson@yahoo.com)so that I can give you my photo for you to know whom I am,

and remember that distance or color doesn't matter, but love matters

allot in life,am waiting for your urgently reply.

happiness.

• ew my dad is 50 and its waaaay to old. also if you end up getting married and having kids, then the poor kids will be forever teased that their 'grandad' is actually they're dad...so no

• id never do that ! I can't imagine even... thinking about it cause its like doing it with year dad ! :O

• but he might have money. You can go shopping with that money.

• lol I don't care about someones money... that's THERE own not mine I prefer to work for what I want

• I'm 20 but going to be 21 on sept. I wouldn't date someone 5 years older than me. Someone who is 50+ would be older than my dad, my dad is 44.

• No. Not only because it's "creepy" (though that is a huge factor) but also because I can't imagine us having much in common.

• I am not in my 20's but when I was, the answer would still be HELL NO. I am almost 40 and men in their 50's are still nasty. Maybe when I am in my 50's but no sooner but more likely when I am in my 60's.

• LOLOL! you're 38 and even you won't date 50 years olds! do you go for young men instead? :p what ages?

• More from Girls
    31

What Guys Said 6

• I'll shut up and let the girls speak, but in a nutshell highly successful, highly confident and very in-shape men of any age do not seem to have a problem attracting women of all ages.

• When you have a list of names, addresses and phone numbers of women in their 20's who like men in their 50's kindly e-mail the list to me.

• the world is an awful place for all of us!

• Women say they won't but if you look at a lot of the old celebs and with Hugh Hefner as a prime example they do.

Keep in mind he is just for security and stability. The Women still go out with young guys for sex.

• I wouldn't date a 50=Woman F***that she'd have to be REALLY HOT!

• I,m over 50 and find that girl that are in they late 20 like dating me I never go after them they come up to me I don,t go looking for them and it dose not creep them out.

• I'm a straight male and I'd date a 50 year ol man for his money!