Dating a guy with self esteem issues?

Any advice you'd like to give. Better or worse chance for long term if you help him to see his full potential?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to make him feel like the man you want him to be, usually guys (me included) needa aconfidence boost to break out of this "shell" we've built around us to keep others away.

What Guys Said 2

• If you get together with him and give him compliments etc. I'll asure you that his self-esteem will grow!

But one thing is sure: If you dump him his self-esteem will drop even lower.

• A real relationship is about helping one another along in life & about being there for one another. If this is a guy you really like, someone you connect with on many different levels, then you should stay with him.

What Girls Said 2

• it's normal for everyone, both guys and girls, to feel better and more secure with ourselves when are dating someone, we all want companionship

• Get out now. Spent two years trying to help my ex "see his full potential" and while he did appear to make some improvements, it was all just a facade, and I ended up isolated unhealthy and feeling trapped. Its taken me a year to actually get my life back on track.

You can't fix him, and the energy that it takes to try will drain you. There's plenty more fish in the sea, this guy has to help himself.