Been three weeks since ex dumped me. Is it too soon to date?

Is three weeks after a break up too soon to start dating?

So 3 weeks ago my ex broke up with me. For stupid reasons as he wasn't suddenly happy with his life and as such he broke up with me so he could sort out his life. Claimed that he just couldn't "will" his self to give me the happiness that I deserve and that I should accept that fact and move on. So I figured alright then I will do just that then I sent him an email two weeks ago stating I agree with the break up now (which I do after much reflecting over that relationship) and I told him that I agree that I deserve better. Told him he can always call/text if ever he needed anyone to talk to.

With that I made preperations to move on I have regained the passion I had before I stated dating him to draw. So I have started that back up and am going to take up Water Color painting since it's something I always wanted to do, but never got around to. I also started back learning Spanish, and I'm going to start going back to the gym next week (once I renew my membership).

I started talking to this guy barely a week after we broke up. He seems really cool and id just an amazing guy. Respectful, kind, and just everything I actually look for in a guy. He wants to take me out some time.

Do you think its too soon for me to start dating again? I feel like I am ready to. I did nothing wrong I was a good girlfriend I loved him unconditionally. So there is no guilt on my end. But he never appreciated what I did for him. It hurt me especially after how he broke up with me, he pushed me away...hard. But I don't want these things to hinder me from moving on and finding someone I really can be happy with. Instead I would like to take it as an experience and learn and grow from it. So is it too soon?

Most Helpful Girl

• when you feel lik you're ready and met someone you feel a connection with, then it's time. no such thing as too soon or too late, it's whenever you feel ready

What Guys Said 2

• No. Why would it be to early? You say you feel ready and you like the guy. I'm not seeing a single reason not to do it. What are you seeing?

• Yeah, since then we have made it official. We are a couple. I was just more or less worried about my ex being upset. He's found out that I have moved on (before him). The ex wants nothing to do with me now since I have officially moved on. He got really pissed off because I wanted my things back from him and that I already have a new boyfriend he told me to never contact him again.

• Okay. Glad to hear it's working out so well! You shouldn't spend more than 2 seconds thinging about your ex. HE dumped YOU! So what the hell is he so upset about? What the hell did he think you were going to do? Remember: one of the greatest things about breaking up is NEVER having to put up with your ex's crap again! Hahaha!

• Three months is usually the rule

What Girls Said 2

• No way! If he was not happy, then you weren't either. You deserve to find someone that you can be happy with. 3 weeks isn't bad. It's better than 1 week. It shows you have moved on.

• I say love never has a time limit or whatever, so whenever you get the chance to love again just go for it.