Do you girls like being called pet names?

Like honey or babe or sweetie or cupcake? Just anything.and who do you like to call you these things? Boyfriend? Husband? Or do you like being called them by anyone or do you find it creepy if someone you don't really know calls you these?

Most Helpful Girl

• usually its love, babe hun, I call a guy in my class love and a couple of girl friends love and hun.

i like being called a nickname like this by friends or someone that I like, usually its easier than saying my name anyway.

If it was a stranger I would be freaked out

What Girls Said 9

• I only hate pet names when a guy I don't know is trying to use it as a weak attempt at hitting on me. It comes across as creepy that way. But if a boyfriend or husband were to call me pet names, I more than welcome it :) I think its sweet!

• i only dislike two, babe and hun, I don't know y they just bug me. I think its weird when people you hardly know call you anything other than your name, I find it weird when my friends call me hun but I think that goes back to hating being called hun

• I love being called sweetie, honey and cupcake! :)

Only by family members/close friends though. It really creeps me out if it is from a stranger or someone that I've met but don't really know...unless it is an obvious part of their personality, then it isn't so bad.

• If someone I don't know is being creepy and calls me a pet-name, I find it highly unappealing.

However, if someone obviously uses names like Hun, Sweetie, or Honey when speaking to a lot of different people, then I don't mind. It's obviously just the way they are. They mean well.

And, my favorite name is 'Love'. It always puts a huge smile on my face when my boyfriend texts me, "Good morning my Love <3" or "Hey love, just thinking about you."

• i really donb't like when people call me cupcake or sugar lips or thous kind of stupid names. I find it really annoying. if other people call other poeple that I find it funny.

after all I'm a human.. not a pet.

i dob't have a boyfriend so I can't speak for that but I wouldn't mind if my too-be-boyfriend said to others "that my girlfriend, isn't she cute." see that's flatterinng.

being called a cupcake cutiekins is not.

• only if the nickname comes from some kind of inside joke. like if the two of us were making fun of another couple who call each other 'muffin', and then he called me 'muffin', I think that would be funny and cute :)

• Personally, I don't find much pet names offensive like most girls do. But 'babe' and 'hun' and 'Sweetie' are so common. Its always nice to hear something new like 'Love' or 'Darling' or something sweet like that.

• almost everywhere I go, I am called hun or baby.. Living in Texas it just seems like everyone feels it is OK to call you by those two names. I don't mind so much anymore. It is what it is.

• Yes, I like nick names, as long as their are specialized for me :). I like it when my fiance calls me pet names. :D

What Guys Said 0