This texting game is so confusing?! Guys... help please!

I met a guy two weeks ago and he seemed interested, he texted less than a day after I gave him my number. We've texted a lot since, but I've been the one to send the first texts (he continues the conversation after that by asking questions). Usually, when one of our conversations end, I wait a day/a day and a half to text him hello again, but I'm SO afraid of being annoying. We've been on a date and I really don't want to ruin anything. I don't want to wait TOO long for him to initiate a conversation for fear he'll forget me or that things would get a little awkward.. Please tell me what you think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girlfriend, if a guy would forget you because YOU waited too long to initiate another text convo with him, he has already forgotten about you.

Back off, stop thinking you need to drive this train. He knows who you are, he has your number and you have been on a date. If you don't want to be annoying and you really want to see how interested he is in you, let him start driving some of the conversations. Right now, with you constantly initiating, you have no idea what is going on in his mind. He could just be trying to be polite. A guy who is interested will be trying to talk to you as well, not leaving it all up to you.

What Guys Said 2

• ahhhhh to be young and texting lol.

yur over thinking waaaay too much. I think of texting as a less serious phone call. it doesn't really matter who calls first as long as yur not calling 25 times with no reply. my advice is to give him a chance to initiate convo, tell him b4 yu stop texting one night to call/txt yu tomorrow. simple rite?

if he does he's into yu / if he "forgets" he's prob too busy or uninterested good luck!

• i say don't text him frst. you have already done it right? now its his turn. let him show you that he is interested in u. because if a guy is interested in you he will make sure you remember him. so lets c if your Mr prince charming is into you or you are just running after nothing... give him a chance now

What Girls Said 4

• OMG, I'm going through the EXACT same thing!

Have you ever thought maybe he's just the exception to the rule. Some guys are honestly just shy and timid, and appreciate it when girls sometimes take the first move. And you said you guys already went on a date, I don't think he would go on a date with you, "just to be nice." But be careful, this doesn't apply to many guys. If you notice that he is the shy type, or he just doesn't have much experience with girls, then don't stress too much on who texts who first. If he seems to be responding to your texts enthusiastically then All is Well. :)

But also don't text him too often, it is a good idea to keep him waiting and make it seem like you are a busy person with a friends and hobbies.

Hope this helps!

• It's frustrating, isn't it?

I'm the one who asked him if he wanted to do something, and he said at the end of it that he'd like to do it again some time. I texted him a thank you the next day because I wasn't sure if I'd said it before leaving. The conversation derailed a bit and lasted till the next day and then he hasn't responded to my last text. So I'm thinking to let it go for a while, see if he'll text hello in the next two days and then just do it myself... Is that good?

• Just give it a day or two & see if he texts you first... :) I know it's hard not to when he's probably on your mind all day long! but he'll probably miss your daily text, make him miss it !

• Omgosh same thing is happening to me!

• so far, everything sounds OK but you wanted him to call you first sometimes to show you more effort calling/texting but as long as he doesn't go more than 2 days without contacting then don't let a day of not hearing from him bother you. Ok. Go 2 days without sayin a thing and see if he contacts if not wait one more day. (I know this is hard but you got to test it now before you waste anymore time) If you get nothig from him, he is either super duper busy, lost his cell, or he was just not that into you. On the 3rd, text and act like everything is cool Like"Hey I was just saying Hi thinking about you and hope you are having a good day." Never text why I haven't heard from you or you don't call, are you not interested? because then you look desperate and guys are so turned off by that. Now if after, that you still get nothing, then its clear he just fell off for some reason. No biggie. All part of dating. Sucks but you get over it

• After the date, I felt bad because I couldn't remember if I had thanked him. I kept being told to send him a thank you text so I did and he picked up conversation from that text, too. He takes time to answer but I guess that's normal for guys. So if he doesn't answer the last text I sent him (answering one of his), can I still follow your advice and text him in 2-3 days?

• Ok. Thank you very much! Although, he won't think I've lost interest if I don't text him for 2 days, will he?

• No you already showed him that you are serious abouit this. now you need to stepo back and see if he comes for you. This way you'll know he is interested just bad at texting/callin. Also, let him ask you out next time. Don't you suggest nothin because he needs to be a man and plan something. All this is a way of him showin you effort, not a little but enough for you to know he wil be stickin around for a while