How to ask a guy to hang out without it sounding like a date?

So I have this problem. Every time I seem to ask a guy to hang out (completely just as friends) they freak out and tell me they only like me as friends... even if I don't like them. What is some way to avoid this?

Like for example I wanted to ask a guy friend of mine to prom, but I'm afraid it will sound like a date. How did I make sure the guys I ask to hang out know it is JUST as friends?

What Guys Said 1

• Do they not believe you when you say that it's just as friends? That seems like the best way to go about it. You can also poke fun at them if they think that it is a date.

• Yeah most think the whole, "She is really just using that as a cover." Picking fun at them might be a good option, but I don't want them to get embarrassed and run off.

• Okay cool. Thanks for the advice. :)

• Good luck :)

What Girls Said 1

• Just like shake their hands and tell how awesome of a friend he is. You can't go wrong with communicating good friendship manners.