He isn't being appropriate, what do I do?

okay, so me and my boyfriend have been dating on and off for 4 years. recently we have been dating for 4 months going on 5. So there's this girl he dated for like a week in like september, and when they broke up, we started dating again. So this girl has tried to talk to him 2 or 3 times over the course of this year since, (my boyfriend has said f*** off to those times) and tonight she calls him saying she's in love with him? And that she just wants to talk and catch up... all the while he's telling me about it saying he Doesn't know what he should do, because he Doesn't want to hurt her to where she Doesn't want to date anymore. He told her he will talk to her tomorrow and whatever. I don't really think I want her talking to him if she's saying this, and it hurts my feelings that he's not being appropriate with this... little girl... what should I say, or do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• How is he being inappropriate? He's trying to be kind to a person who's emotional state has been directly affected by him. It's not like he's going out to give her a bit of tongue, and tell her it'll be alright. He's just trying not to be a total d*** to a person who obviously thinks a lot of him. I would tell him though, if just only for the sake of communication, that it upsets to a bit. It isn't the *most* appropriate thing to do, and yes maybe he shouldn't but it's not like by doing this he's cheating on you. He just needs to maybe get his priorities straight.

• oh okay, thanks, and I guess, I mean I'm not pissed or anything, just concerned

• I don't think you have to worry about it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• maybe I'm not understanding this completely...?...she tells him she's in love with him while you 2 are together...and instead of telling her to leave him alone so you 2 can be together, he's actually letting her swell up inbetween you two?...uh yeh, you need to tell him its either you or her...no more of this pinball sh*t

What Girls Said 2

• This to me sounds fishy. Its good that he's open with you and tells you everything but I feel like maybe there's more to the story that he's not saying. I think he maybe wants the best of both worlds. But either way its not fair to you! He doesn't want to hurt her but what about you? ! He's with you! Id give him an ultimatum obviously he doesn't know what he wants and you don't need to be caught up in this triangle.

• an ultimatum is in order