Why doesn't my boyfriend text me or call me first?

alright so me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for almost 2 years but official for 1 year and 4 months, I know he obviously really likes me because he tells me so but he rarely texts me first and never calls me unless I ask him to! 99% of the time I'm the one texting him first (and I don't text him often because I don't want to be clingy and I like giving him his space), and most of the time he responds to me right away but recently he's been taking a long time (half an hour-an hour at least) or won't even bother replying! I have no clue why, like I've asked him casually why he didn't respond and he rarely has a good answer, like he'll say "oh sorry I forgot" or "oh I don't know I was busy", like I know he isn't that busy..should I stop texting him for a while? or should I ask him again? I don't want to come off as clingy because I'm not, but its bugging me so much! please help guys :( ps. I'm in grade 11 and he's in grade 12, thank you :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Some people are just not phone happy

others are getting too many calls

many are too busy to add phone "business" onto their day

often people want a real life of joy instead of technical buttons & problems

email is a preferred choice in my life

Since this is not working out, suggest you create a regular face-face meeting time, e.g. lunch, after school, church?

• ... and some people are not very good at it and it becomes a struggle for them ... what have you found to be your best communication tactic?

• i talked to him and you're right, he said he just doesn't really like texting people unless he needs to, thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• well he is probably busy with something that has to do with graduation but give him space stop texting him message me and il lhelp you out

• I have 2 answers; either he's no longer interested in you or he got someone else. Set a date and find the right time to talk to him one on one, ask him! if he's a gentlemen he will tell you the truth. give a try and good luck :) ps: talk to him in a nice way, leave your selfishness and emotion while discussing about this sensitive issue

What Girls Said 3

• Because he knows you will.

• true, I cut down on texting him first now

• well maybe because when yu started dating he got used to use to do that first ( which is very wrong !) ... and besides he shud learn how to appreciate yu ! so take a step back don't call or text even if it meant 1 week ! .. and if it gets further than a week then sorry but he doesn't really care ... but if he calls and asks about y you didn't call him all you would say is .. " sorry baby I was busy " keep on doin that untill he learns the value of you !

• thank you!

• i agree with you! I don't text him anymoree, thanks :)

• Dear girl, you are young but you will come to learn that if he doesn't make the effort, he's just not that into you despite him telling you so.