Does it make me a bad person if I would refuse to date a girl in a sorority?

I am just not a big fan of the Greek organizations and I think that it says something about the kind of people who are in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• While I understand where you're coming from, I don't think it's particularly fair to make a complete judgment of people based on their affiliations. While I know plenty of sorority girls who are perfect sorority stereotypes, I know just as many who I would never have guessed to be affiliates.

So, I guess while it doesn't make you a bad person to avoid sorority girls (to each their own, you know), it would be a bit less acceptable if you meet a girl, decide you like her for who she is, then find out she's a sorority member and dump her.

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all. It`s your personal preference who you want to date. If you don`t want to date sorority girls, don`t.

• It doesn't make you a bad person, but I'd think you can't think for yourself and believe nothing of stereotypes

• From what I've heard about them I'd agree with you, I'm in the UK where we don't have fraternities but if we did I'd avoid those guys like the plague. In school I hated the popular crowd too.

What Guys Said 2

• If you are forming conclusions on them based off of that alone, then you might want to get to know a girl that strikes your interest first. If you find that you don't like her then that's fine. Also, if you date enough of them and find that you just don't like that whole scene, then that's fine too. But avoiding them because of an assumption might not be your best bet.

Experience > generalizations

• But those girls basically wear letters that say they are that kid of a person almost like a red flag saying avoid.

• Or "come get me" for the guys into that kind of thing lol

• yeah man, you shouldn't judge people based on assumptions or stereotypes it makes you look really bad.