Text Messages - Why do guys do this?

The other night I texed my friend, said what's up?.40 minutes later he texts me back saying hello, Like he avoided the what's up part all together?.So since then which has been days now I never textd him back and neither has he?.Is he waiting for me to text him again?.Is it a man thing or what?.(who texts who first?)

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people who say what's up are actualy saying Hello. So when you said what's up he thought you were saying hi. Then he said hi back and thought you were starting a convo about something. So he was waiting for you to say hey you want to go out or hey you want to do something. You kinda just started a convo without finishing it. Imagine someone calling you and going hey. And then you say hi. Then there's just dead silence. So he was just probobly waiting for the rest of your thought. Just finish your thought. Don't just say what's up and then stop talking that makes no sence.

What Guys Said 4

• Are you really 36-45 and you don't know the answer to this?

"He's just not that into you".

Ring a bell?

• If He's a busy he probably just misread the text and hasn't even thought about it I do that all the time and hasn't even thought about it since then and the whole thing about 40 minutes thing I've put my phone on silent before and waited a day before replying

• He's just a friend, not a boyfriend (granted he should have said something after the hello), so I'd just call him and ask him if he's been busy or why he didn't text you back. He probably was waiting for your text when you first sent it lol.

• good question , girls do that also I just don't get this part , if you wanna talk to someone why don't you txt instead of waiting for him , its their personaltiy .

• Exactly..its like a game or something??

What Girls Said 2

• I dunno, there's a lot that determines what the reason could be. I mean, yeah, it's just a text, like other people said, but texting habits can show a lot. Are your texting conversations with him usually like that? If so, he just might not be a texting person. If not, he just might have been busy, got caught up in something and totally forgot about the text.

And yeah, it's a personality thing too. I tend to never text people first, because that's just how I am, and then when I meet someone else like that, it's really hard to keep in touch haha. Some people don't mind starting the conversations all the time, but then others might want you to take the initiative to show that you're interested, that you're thinking about them.

You can wait a while and maybe see how your next conversations go. And if the same thing keeps happening, ask him about it? :]

• You are reading way, way, *way* too much into it. He may just not be a texter. If you want to know what's up, why don't you call him and just be casual; asking how his day was and stuff.

• No..he is a texter, although your probably right about reading into this too much, I am such a prompt person its just me I guess!..thanks