At what age would you date a single mom?

I'm curious because I'm getting ready to start dating.

• 18-21
  • 22-25
  • 25+
  • I would have to be a single parent as well
  • I wouldn't date a single mom

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I love kids. I have great nieces and nephews and want at least three of my own. The only issue I have dating a single mom is that I come from a dynastic family with many heirlooms, etc. that have been with us for literally centuries in our bloodline dating all the way back to the American Revolution. I am the only child of my father so I will inherit all of the family heirlooms though I do have two half-brothers who I love dearly.

My issue is that I would learn to love your child as my own and hope one day they called me dad as I am very traditional and what to be a good father, yet it goes against my family to give anything out of our bloodline and I wouldn't want to be put in that kind of situation of making a child think I love them any less. My father is still giving my brothers an inheritance but I am getting all the heirlooms and so forth.

I know that I'm kind of odd in the sense of the "dynasty" and whatnot, but I know a lot of guys who love kids but wouldn't want to put the kids that they have in the sense of "mine vs. theirs." Then there is also the general sense of possible issues with the child not viewing them as their parent and issues with the previous father.

You are probably hurt from this and I am sorry. :- ( That was not my intent. It may sound all cool to be from a "dynasty," but having a bloodline isn't as cracked up as you think it would be. In order to inherit anything I have to be married to a woman of a reputable station and produce a male heir, otherwise everything goes to one of my cousins.

There are some men who would be willing and happy to date a single mom, so don't lose hope! I'd say guys in their late twenties or a guy who already has a kid would be willing to. I wish you lots of luck in finding love!

• Man, that must be rough... While I can't truly relate to that, my adopted dad and his family act very much like that (even passing the same name down from generation to generation to one of their sons), and I can only imagine how limiting that must be for your social and love life! :P I wish you the best in finding a girl who can fit your family's expectations!

• Thanks.

What Guys Said 18

• I must be bad luck. Every single mom I was interested in me had no desire to date me for the rest of their lives. Something to do with the last man they got involved with messed it up for everyone. In addition, I have no confidence in raising children successfully, especially girls. HELL NO!

Try finding single women my age who have no kids. Good luck

• Honestly, I don't think I really ever would but who knows as I'm still young. It just wouldn't really be a good lifestyle choice for me. I'm financially unstable, attending school, no car, no house and really in no position to be a male role model or father. I would also like to have children and a family of my own one day and that wouldn't happen with someone who's already a mother. I hope everyone's answers really don't put you down, keep your head up and eventually mr.right will come along and rock both of your worlds with love (:

• I've voted A for the reason that the younger she is, the younger her child will be, be a part of it's young life and build a good relationship with it and depending on how whether the child saw it's father and how serious the relationship became... I could possibly raise it as my own, 'help provide' it with some siblings if the mother allowed it :)

• Here's a fact about us, guys hate the mysterious, guessing, playing games thing too. We'd love that kinda honesty. It would turn us on prolly, but since it's SO rare we might very well not know how to react to it at the moment and do/say something that makes us seem uninterested. So you gotta be patient there :P

But that's an awesome thing. I'd love if that happened to me.

• Awesome! Good to know about the being patient. cause yeah, I've gotten a few odd reactions, so I guess it has to do with the fact other girls don't do that? haha.

• Nope, they never do. The stupid mentality of your fellow gender is that "hey guys should be approaching us, we're the trophy" or some bullsh*t. And it really pisses us guys off :\ equality my ass :|

• Haha I agree with you there. I hate waiting around. If I want something, I go get it. haha.

• I would date you, but don't come expect for me to go after the father of your child for business related the kid and you two.

• I would date a woman that is 25 to 40 being in my 50 and as a single dad I know what you are in for trying to fine some one to date is a lot harder then you think

• if or when I'm a single father or when I'm 40 and give up on having a family and marriage

• im 17 nd I would date a girl with a kid I love kids

• I would date a single mom only if there was no possible way I could start my own family...

• Having no kids I've always said I'd never date a single mom, then when I was 35 I met one and married her.

Fast forward 5 years and I say I'll never date a single mom. Worst mistake of my life.

• after 40

• you must be a single mom?

• if she was hot I would date her, but I wouldn't consider a serious relationship with her

• I was 24 and dated a single mom that was 35 and had 3 kids

• Honestly, I've never been that interested in a ready-made family, mostly because I feel that it would present many problems later on. (For example, the kids wouldn't respect you, since you aren't their "real" dad, you'd have to deal with her ex possibly, etc.)

However, I also know that the odds are pretty heavily against being able to find a girl who DOESN'T already have kids...especially among those who are ready to settle down. I've never been the kind of guy that girls fall for based on looks or confidence alone, but it never ceases to occur that a girl who is in need or wants something will suddenly find me worth flirting with. Classic "good-guy" curse: you're not a love-interest...just a solution for the mess the "bad-guy" left her in! Also, the older I get, the more likely the girls my age are already moms, so I know I'll probably have to expect any girl I marry to have kids, too. I can only hope she'll still want to have one or two more with me...

• I say this as a guy and I don't mean it with insult to myself or other guys... but men are really stupid. This is generally, some are pretty smart (I am not one of them) and they can figure out how a girl actually feels about them but most of the time, we're just guessing blindly and hoping they like us back or the girl actually lets the guy know how she feels and it plays out from there.

So take pity on us and let us know how you feel because we aren't going to mix words about how we feel about you (admittedly some may go behind your back and like someone else more but that doesn't mean he doesn't like the girl he's two-timing)

• Where the hell did you get the idea that you're supposed to act mysterious? That's an awful idea. You're way is much better, and much more appreciated.

• Your*

• Oh good! : ] Haha some guy told me that he likes all the guessing like oh does she like me? and crap, and I'm like, well I hardly ever give a guy a chance to wonder. Cause I HATE that. I just wanna know. haha.

• Depends on when she had the kid as well as our ages.

• I had my son when I was 16 and he's about to turn 4 and I'm about up be 21

• I wouldn't date them in your case.

What Girls Said 5

• I didn't vote because I am a single Mom. I've had no problems with dating-I just date single Dads!:)

• 28+

• 27, 28+ something like that.

• i am 23 so I'm glad the 2nd popular vote was that...

• from the guys iknow, they would never