4 year relationship over :(

Broke up with my lt boyfriend a month ago, I was asked out on a date is it OK to go? Or is it 2 soon? Still love my ex but no going back

Most Helpful Guy

• That's at your discretion. If you think you're ready to go on a date then you should feel free. If you still love your ex, you may want to think twice before agreeing to a date as it may be due to the fact that you're 'on the rebound'.

~Distant

• It was just a coffee, I do still love my ex but can't see it working we want different things, shame it took us 4 years to realize that, wanted to go on the coffee date to see how it felt to be dating again nothing serious as it's been a long time, I will do it far away as ex won't see I won't allow the date to go far enough to be a rebound, I don't want a relationship just want to feel good about myself if that makes sense

• Oh! Well in that case, it wouldn't be a rebound. Its okay to try your options while trying to get over your ex. Maybe this new guy can help you forget about your past relationship? Coffee seems innocent enough as a first date since it's not too intimate. It's a good way to "get your feet wet" in the sating scene (since you can determine if you're ready)

~Distant

What Guys Said 2

• You're still living your life based on expectations of your ex. You're done with him- it's time to make your own decisions. If you want to go on this date, then go! When and how your last relationship ended is irrelevant. Forcing yourself to stay at home and mourn a failed relationship could make you miss your chance to be with "the one."

• Do you want a rebound relationship? That's a good way to get over your ex.

What Girls Said 2

• If you feel ready to be with someone else then you should think about going but still take things slow

• Oh it will definately be slow, I don't want a relationship I just want few casual dates no sex, just some fun feel sexy and wanted again

• oh :) good luck and have fun then

• it's a good start. this new guy might not be the guy of your dreams, but it's a step in the right direction