Dating younger women, too immature?

its been my experience that younger girls don't know how to deal with the struggles of a average relationship and would rather just call it quits and break up than try and stay together.

has anyone else seen this in a younger girl/guy that you've dated?

i feel like they don't know the power of what theyre saying when they say "i love you" and "i want you forever" because the moment things get rough they want out

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 17 and I'd say I'm pretty mature. I don't toss "i love you" around. I've said it twice. My ex (at the time I was 14 maybe 15 when I said it, I thought I ment it but no, definitely not, cared about him yes, but love, heck no) But this guy I'm with now, or was with, he just wants to be friends. I do love him. We've had quite a few problems in our relationship, have broken up countless times (he's much older than me) but I'm not giving up on him. I see a future with him and I don't care about any other guys. Johnny Depp could walk by me and I wouldn't so much as glance at him. I get like that when I'm in relationships, I don't care about any other guys, I only notice the one I want. I want to work through the problems I'm having with this guy but he's the one that wants to fully call it quits. It depends on the girl really, yes some are horribly immature, but some aren't. Same thing with guys.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm 16 and find males of my age group to be immature, I would love for an older guy (or better yet a guy of my age group) to approach me and break my view that all males are self-righteous, aggressive, cheating, unintelligent people. I'm a relatively intelligent person and am very passive, yet guys are uninterested because I assume they don't want a smart girl around. They want a ditsy girl who will conform to the way they act, arm candy.

You see most of the older guys only go for the immature younger girls because they are so easy, go for someone who isn't in it just to brag to friends and bitch. In my full opinion the relationship between older and younger, of course, could work it just takes a decent guy and a mature girl or an combination thereof.

• no I generally get dumped and I'm usually the younger one lol. it seems to me more like guys don't want relationships. I think maybe in your case uve just happened to date girls who can't handle anything. but also maybe you should consider that maybe you're making it hard for them to stay? if every girl you date has a struggle trying to be with you, I wouldn't exactly say you're a catch...juyeast sayin maybe you shouldn't blame them maybe you should reevaluate if you want a realistic approach.

also just date someone who doesn't right off the bat that they want to be with you forever...ridiculous promises like that early in a relationship is a red flag because that means the person you're dating has no idea what long term really means. so yea if your dating 17 year olds and you have the maturity of someone looking to get married...maybe you should look to a different age group in general lol

• ive only dated one girl, irronically the ones I won't date wanna stay

• how much younger are you talking about here and where are you in life?

• high school young, I'm a high school grad

What Guys Said 2

• I tried dating a 17 year old but she was way too immature for me, didn't work out as we broke up.

• They're spoiled these days.