How many times do you text/talk to sig other a day?

I want to know how much you text or talk to your sig other a day.

During work?

During school?

Out with friends?

At home relaxing?

During homework?

Dinner with family?

These are just some examples of times. Or you can do the Poll which is the basic figure of times. To add do you text them when you are leaving, taking a nap, or generally won't be able to, or don't want to talk?

• I text/call to say, good morning/night, maybe one conversation
  • I text/call whenever I have something to say (several times a day)
  • Calls on alternating days ( text small conversation )
  • No calls only text, No texts only calls
  • I text/call ONLY when I have something to say. I've got things to do.
Blah.. maybe I am stand offish... oh well is me is me.. Thanks all!

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A, because that's my current situation. He's in rehab for the next couple weeks still, so I can call the message phone, and they'll deliver the message. Otherwise, I have to wait for him to call me, which he usually does in the morning and at night. I wish we could talk more, but his sobriety needs to be his #1 priority at this point for the sake of his health and his kids, and they stay pretty busy there. I go visit for a few hours once or twice a week though, so that helps. I went with his mom and sister to see him yesterday. =] We also write each other letters.

Normally, he'll have his cell. So assuming we're not together at the time [though we usually are], I text or call him pretty much whenever I have something to say, and vice versa. If I'm going to bed or falling asleep, I'll let him know so I'm not leaving him hangin, lol, but we've established that if for whatever reason one of us needs to talk to the other in the middle of the night, it's fine to call. I'll text while I'm at work, but generally don't make calls. Any other time is pretty much whatever. We spend most of our free time together though.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm single... however, I'd call my S/O when we're both available to talk... once or twice a day... texting is preferred though

• why is text preferred to talking?

• im just guessing that he prefers to do text because when your in the middle of something; school, working, etc. you can't always call and speak, so texting is the next best thing. =) I should know I take advantage of that

• i voted C. if its up to me I'll text during school or work when I get the chance if I saw something funny or whatever. I'll call when I have something to say every other day maybe.

my last girlfriend made it her duty to call me at least three times a day so I didn't have a choice haha. I had to tell her a couple times that nothing has changed since she called me 5 hours ago. sometimes I didn't even answer the phone tho. is that bad or am I being reasonable here?

• Thats totally reasonable.. Everything is not conversation worthy and repetitive calls are ridiculous to me... I only call if I have a story or something. that's like once a week. the rest is all texts throughout the day maybe. I hate pointless "watcha doins?" time and time again in the same day..

• exactly. there's a difference between an engaging conversation and someone who's just a chatty cathy

• We're MARRIED. We LIVE together. I only call if I have to.

What Girls Said 14

• We text pretty much all throughout the day. That's just what I'm used to doing.

But there's often an hour or more between texts since he's usually at school or one of us is working. I don't expect him to text back immediately all the time. But basically we just text a bunch of nonsense throughout the day and tell each other what we're up to.

We really only call each other if it's important and we need a response right away.

• Work: When I am not busy..and it's just to ask how his day is going

School: Never..unless I am on my class break in college

Out with friends: Not usually(just to tell him what I am doing)..unless he texts me..or I have something to tell him..etc

Relaxing: If he texts me..(Usually I am never home relaxing though)..and if I want to randomly send him a text

Homework: Only when he texts me

Dinner w/family: When he texts me or if I need to tell him something.

***I generally always try to let him know when I might be away from the phone for a few..I do not want him to think anything that isn't true :-)

• This sounds strikingly similar to me. Thanks. How does he respond to generally txting you first?

• Well, when he texts me first, he usually texts "whatcha doing" or "hey baby, how are you?" or something like that. or "I am working late.." or some sort. And, your welcome..I use to be a text freak when we first got together but, then I realized that I shouldn't be like that considering we are incredibly busy people and such..lol :-)

• My boyfriend and I don't see each other during the day due to classes and his work schedule so we text throughout the day. I do always get a good morning text and if I don't get to see him that night he'll text me good night. We'll text each other if we have something to say because we typically don't have long amounts of time to talk on the phone.

• My boyfriend and I text throughout the day unless one of us is at work, in class, or at a social engagement. We also talk on the phone at least once a day, but usually more often. We're in a long distance relationship and don't see each other often, so that's partly why we communicate with our phones so much.

• during school just to say good morning.

at home realaxing, doing homework- mostly on school days 2 hrs worth if I'm not super busy with hw or a major quiz

• I text my boyfriend a lot... Like, from good morning at 8am to goodnight at 12am. But in my defense it isn't like constant, its only when I actually have something to say to him. We don't usually call each other... maybe once or twice a week. And then we see each other at school every weekday and once or twice on the weekend if neither of us are busy.

Haha, oh boy, it sounds like I am so clingy once I type it out like that..

• My boyfriend and I text nonstop throughout the day. The only time we don't really text each other is when he is at work or one of us is with family. We don't talk though; neither of us like it lol so only textig for us.

• He calls once a day. If something comes up we might call or text if needed. But if you do more than once a day, what would you have to talk about? Plus, we work, we don't get pay to talk on the phone & text all day. lol

• We talk on the phone once or twice a day and barely text.

• I don't have one, so I just voted the way it'd be if I did.

• me and my boyfriend text so often!

• neither applies to me...i talk to him right throughout the day both calls and text!...even slept on the phone every night for a yr

• um...like never. but we are in a LDR so

• A voted