Do you prefer thin or in shape?

Guys do you prefer girls who are naturally thin, not too skinny, with a little curves and a naturally "hot" body or girls who are more average size, pretty thin, and in shape/toned with curves too.

Basically, how important is being in shape when you look at how hot a girls body is?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I like girls who are in shape.

But... at the same time what's important is more than just body shape.

Obviously physical attraction matters, but any guy who will judge you on your body shape alone isn't worth going for.

Be comfortable in your own skin, and if you feel like you need to lose a few pounds or gain them, by all means do so. But do it for yourself, and not because it's what you think or are told guys like better. These sort of superficial guys are the last thing you want or need.

In short. My answer is : Not really that important.

What Guys Said 58

• Thin with a cute ass and small/medium breasts is hot. If a girl is bigger she has to be in shape piimho.

• so weird, I agree 1 million % lol...i hate big boobs, id rather it be in the ass and then exactly what you said small/medium breasts...thin/athletic is good...right on buddy!

• hmm, lots of body types turn me on. Thin and petite, in shape with a little more muscle (gym girls), and girls who aren't big but have huge thighs or a nice big butt... those are allll hot in their own way and I would do them all.

Dont spend too much time worrying about a "universally" attractive body type, cause men have different tastes based on a lot of different things. Some guys like girls with a little weight to them, and others like skinny petite girls... are any of these types "better" than the other? That's like saying italian food is better than chinese food, or any other type of subjective taste is better than another...

• I say in shape is ten times more attractive. A girl can starve herself skinny, but a girl who works out will be better looking longer. Eventually starvation will end. Working out can go for a lot longer.

That being said, remember! Body catches a guy's eyes, but personality keeps him!

• in shape.

• in shape

• It's nice when a girl looks like she's in good shape, but it's the best when she is in good shape. I'm a very active person and when I can play soccer with a girl I like or go running with her and she's up for it and maybe even making me look like an idiot. Personal opinion it's awesome. It's a lot more awesome if she likes me.

• both important, in shape is first.

• thin and in shape

• "Do you prefer thin or in shape?"

I thought they were one in the same.

• Depends on the woman... I love all shapes an sizes... Black White thick thin... It's what's on the inside that counts and how she acts...

• in shape is sexy. thin with no shape is, well, shapeless.

• its important. however, how naturally in shape or petite she is matters

• athletic all the way.

• i think that neither really matters, I like both...

• In shape, with curves, but on the thin side OK. I want to swim in the ocean, play Frisbee, hike, and do a ton of stuff outside with a girl. A girl who is too thin can be just as out of shape as girl who is too thick. Something like 5 ft 4 125 or 5 ft 6 135 is awesome. I would not worry about the number of the weight as much as -- are you healthy and do you feel good? Nothing worse than having a partner who is sick all the time and too weak to have fun.

• The best body type is the all to rare, "thin with big t*ts."

• Why the dislikes? The question is about what body types people prefer! Why is my preference not ok?

• i like a woman to look like a woman not a 12 yo boy. curves in all the right places is a real woman not these bean poles you see on TV yuck! "hot" to me is all about how a girl presents her self aslong as she isn't waddling, smelling or covered in spots then that's a good start then its down to the personality to do the rest

• in shape, with curves.

that's the best for me.

• Im slim and fit so I expect nothing less from a female companion. its an indication of being healthy and disciplined. Also, some naturally skinny girls get fat after being pregnant or older becauser they are not used to working out...I don't wanna have any of that. I am not saying this who are fat are bad people, its just that my female companion needs to have her sh*t together.

• its great that you are trying, that's the hardest part. try maybe doing some fitness research and find out why you are not getting the results you want.

• What about women like me who are healthy, eat healthy, and do work out, and aren't necessarily thin to go along with it.

• I do think body shape is important, but as long as you are healthy. I can tell if a girl is healthy...whether she is thin or not.

although I typically prefer thin girls, I have been (and currently am) attracted to average build girls.

• I prefer 'in shape' over naturally 'skinny'...the look of a toned & slender body looks better than a naturally slender body. :)

• id go for sporty looking body over naturally thin any time

personally id also go for Allison Stokke (pole vaulter) over megan fox (actress)

• I thought they were the same thing?

• I like thin - toned body with curves, in brief : any type with curves but not obese.

• In shape over thin, Thin over Chunky, and Chunky over obese ( I do not actually get to that point)...sorry I can't go beyond chunky...as far as how important...attitude and sex appeal can make up for looks and appearance with older guys. Younger guys might not be swayed into the chunky world. In my world a hot babe that does not know how to please her man is worthless. My wife is neither so I am really in a rut. She used to have sex appeal when I married her, and now I just have a chunky women that I live with that lays on her back for me once a week. that was depressing to write...Ouch...haha...actually, its not as bad as I made it sound.

• >.< If you don't like the way you wife looks and acts then talk to her about it.

Go for some long runs together or something.

Sitting around being unhappy does nothing.

• I'm a personal trainer, so being in shape is a necessity for me. A bit biased though lol

• I train others mostly in conditioning, but I'm working on doing extra studying so I can go into muscle work which I love

• Curvy is sexy.

• Kind of. I also mean in the ass lol.

• hour glass figure is what you mean, right?

• As long as it's in all the right places...

• Show Older
  • Not that "skinny" is bad, but if I have a choice, I prefer curves.

• too thin is too bad, you need some meat on those bones!

• Well I like a curvy girl who is in shape. I generally don't like it if there is too much muscle definition I'm not into female bodybuilders :P, I prefer smooth, thin and curvy. But not too thin like I don't want her to look like a UN advertisment campaign for food relief in Somalia...

• in shape, but also think, she doesn't have to work out everyday, maybe just enough to stay healthy? 3-5 days a week 1-2 hours work outs

• Lets settle with, its based on personal, subjective preference

• ummmm 1-2 hour workouts is a hell of a lot. If its what you want great, but that goes beyond "just enough to stay healthy."

• The girls you describe seem very similar. I would choose the first; naturally thin and naturally hot!

• curves... I like curvy

• Muscular thighs are super attractive

• really? I'm short with muscular thighs and I hate how big they are.

• I agree! I also love the tight abs!

• as long as the girl is proportionate, healthy not overweight and not anorexic. I personally love the voluptious look

• link

enough said?

• ... I don't have large hips or big chest >.<

• hahaha sweet. I feel like that's attainable! Thanks for that haha.

• Thanks, FierceMegan.

• Show Older
  • Women that are firm, in shape not necessary a hard body. I myself don't care for women that are really skinny or obese (sorry ladies)

• I like girls that have some cushion to them. I love it when women have some fat on them...it makes them more womanly.

• In shape.

• I prefer as many curves as possible without slopiness, stomac fat or muffin. I don't care about how fit she is or looks but I do like abs and tone, curves and no bad fat is definitely more important

• Show More

What Girls Said 19

• thin AND in good shape.

• I think a flat tummy is crucial...no pooch...but it's not neccessary to see many muscles or anything like that.

• any size as long as they are comfortable in their own skin.

• just be healthy, and then your confidence and joy will attract people to you.

• I think being in shape and fitness is important because in the long run naturally thin girls don't stay naturally thin and hot without exercise.

I have always been thin and curvy but in my 40's the fact that I do pushups, pullups, squats and core work makes a huge difference. Having a fit body is just sexier and keeps you more energized and it doesn't even take that much time either, surprisingly.

• Most men I've dated have like the fact that I workout daily and am thin but fit (smaller then average 100 to 105 pounds and almost 5 6), but I have 32 d breasts and hipsso have a womanly figure I'm just muscled so thin side. I like my man to be fit to so maybe that's why.

• I gave up trying to be skinny. I'm average, I have big boobs with a flat stomach, a butt and endless curves. I am who I am and I work out for health. I wouldn't want a guy that is going to require me to have a fitness routine or eat air for breakfast. If a guy doesn't like you for you, then you can tell him to go have a wonderful relationship with his dumbbells!

• I think guys overall prefer someone who works for the shape they're in. I noticied that guys tend to prefer girls who work out to those who don't, regardless of their natural shape. Take for example me and my little sister. She is naturally thin and when I am in shape (I go through periods where I don't exercise and get out of shape, like right now :/) people actually think I look better than her. When I am at my heavier side (Like right now) I always get rude comments about how I need to lose weight (from her friends mostly) and how crappy I look. Now, the only difference is two sizes, and I don't really think size 8-9 counts as a fat-ass yet but apparently it does to some people. When I am on my thin side (6-7), people check me out who would never bat an eyelash at me before. The thing is, guys want a girl as hot as they think they can get, which is in-shape. The hardest body to obtain will always be the most attractive one. Like, in Roman times everyone was starving so fat people were deemed the most attractive, the bigger the better. Nowadays, being in shape and actually working out is the hardest, so that is the thing most wanted.

• In shape.

• I'm a chick, and personally I like proportion. Proportion on a skinny, normal, curvy, all ladies are beautiful if they take care of themselves and keep in shape! I am slightly biased though towards more slim girls though, cause I like to see more definition in facial features and along the jawline, neckline, and collar bones.

• i like my woman skinny :)

and I like my men plump :)

• being thin doesn't necessarily guarantee that one is in "good shape" ..but with being in shape ..it's likely that one is fit ..and one doesn't have to be thin in order to be fit.. I personally am fit but not thin.

• same thing

• I don't understand why you are separating the two. I am both skinny and curvy. You are kicking the gymnasts and dancers out of this equation. You make no sense

• every guy has his own opinion and if the girl has a great personality and a beautiful face I don't think it matters...unless she's obese

• Thin reminds me of skinny which sounds disgusting in general for men and woman.

But slim and in shape seems to be fine with me.

• Im not a lesbian, but I think anyone looks better if they are fit as opposed to just thin.

• I don't quite understand why you divide women into "thin" and "in shape". I consider myself both thin and in good shape (I've been training gymnastics and dancing for many years). Apart from that thin women can be curvy too. I have a small butt but it may not look that small comapred to my waist which is also very thin. So I think it's a matter of proportion. Some men may prefer petite women, others bigger ones but being in shape is a must for every woman respecting herself. I don't know how it is elsewhere but in my area guys prefer thin women and in shape so I'm happy to be the way I am. )

• I recently saw a similar question that provided a pic with three girls. One of them was naked but covering with her hands her best attributes. She was a size 12 and I estimate about 5'5". She also had thighs most girls would call 'thunder thighs' which, to me, was an added bonus. So now I know, Evangelina, that I prefer my girls to be a size 12 and must have thunder thighs.

• Best Answer

• i see that

• I think it depends on the guy. In general, guys do like curves. and being in shape can help anyone's body look hotter. I was never heavy, and I have a natural hourglass shape. I started working out a lot at the gym a few months ago and watching what I eat more and I feel so great! everybody has a certain natural shape but working out and watching what you eat will tone and shape your body so much better and really make the best out of what you've got. being toned and not flabby always helps a lot. I think that as a general guideline, guys prefer more boobs to less, more butt to less. but if it's between small boobs and butt and an overall thin body versus being heavy guys would prefer less curves and a lower weight.

• Im agree as well. There's an old old saying regarding women..."The meat is for the MAN, and the BONE is for the dog." My mother has reminded me of this time and time again. Be proud of the fact that you're an hour glass shape! There are some guys out there that do enjoy the butt and boobs!

• I agree with you. I have had experience with this. I get bypassed for girls like this. I could have more boobs and I am an hour glass shape yet they prefer sticks. It does not have to with personitly because I have even found out from a question on here that this only works if you are able to chat with the guys. They still notice looks first. Sucks for women like me.